PattayaMale

Pattaya Expat Gay Community

In the last few days I have needed help for a friend that I have previously written about on the board. On my way to the hospital, Traveler Jim, called me to see if he could offer any further help. He had already given me some wonderful contacts when I emailed a few weeks ago.

After talking to him on the phone today, I started to think of all the help so many different expats have been to so many people that I know or know of. I think we are VERY fortunate to live in the midst of so many unsung heroes.

If i would write a list of all the people it would be very long and unfortunately I might mistakenly leave out a name. I wish there was some way to acknowledge them.

When Rainwalker use to host an annual meet and greet for forum members (which he paid for), it was a good way to get the community together. Sort of a "thank you" to our community. Unwarranted criticism from a couple of people ended his generosity.

Too bad, because I feel we are very fortunate to have such a caring and helpful community in Pattaya.

I couldn't agree more, Pattayamale.

It was meeting several expats and long stay residents in Pattaya a few years ago when I was experimenting with the idea of retiring to Thailand that confirmed my desire to move there for at least half of every year. Many of them are genuinely welcoming to new visitors like I was at the time. They will also often act with compassion to help others should the need arise.

It galls me to read on some forums the belittling of individuals in the community simply because they don't match the lofty ideals of those critical posters. If only they knew the considerate nature of many of those they criticse, they might think twice about their negative comments.

I was once questioned about calling those who comprise the regular scene a "community", but the longer I associate with them the more I'm confirmed that it is a genuine caring community.