TotallyOz

Cupidol Pattaya

One boy on stage, joined later by 2 others. Mamasan & friends drinking whisky in the corner. No attention given to the 4 or 5 customers. This is usually a sign of terminal decline.

that would be bad. I'm not into twinks but they seemed to do well and move to that soi was widely applauded as a sucess.

They looked very busy in December, perhaps Prisma gave them run for money ?

Hopefully it's just a rainy season slowdown but even that is not excuse -they need to survive somehow to busier times 

Owners need to be present in the bar every night to keep an eye on the guys to make sure they don't slack off and start drinking. Or worse, make off with the profits.

This is what happened to Neal's old bar, Happy Place, when he was too ill to come to work. The boys killed it.

Owners need to be present in the bar every night to keep an eye on the guys to make sure they don't slack off and start drinking. Or worse, make off with the profits.

They had a perfectly good bar concept 6 months ago.    If the current management don't even try to make it work, they need to be kicked out of the door head first.    Fire them, then manage hands on for a while & try to find some more useful people to take over.

But, whatever the situation, if the mamasans carry on like that, the first step must be to fire them.

Cupidol appeared to have given up completely tonight. OK, it was raining heavily but it started after opening time so boys should have made it to work.

One boy on stage, joined later by 2 others. Mamasan & friends drinking whisky in the corner. No attention given to the 4 or 5 customers. This is usually a sign of terminal decline.

I won't be back this trip.

Sorry to hear. At the same time (Wed 19jul2017, 20:47-22:25) I was in Prism which was full of boys (I counted 17, might have been more) and several my type.

I was there tonight at about 22:30. 12 boys on stage, 2 sitting with customers and 1 cute boy-waiter. All twink/boy-next-door types. They were flirty and dancing enthusiastically as they have always done when I have visited this bar. Customer drinks 180 baht, boydrinks 200.

It's a good bar IMHO. Didn't see any signs of bad service or lowered quality.

I was there tonight at about 22:30. 12 boys on stage, 2 sitting with customers and 1 cute boy-waiter. All twink/boy-next-door types. They were flirty and dancing enthusiastically as they have always done when I have visited this bar. Customer drinks 180 baht, boydrinks 200.

It's a good bar IMHO. Didn't see any signs of bad service or lowered quality.

Good to hear. Must have had a very bad night when I was there.

If you ask a boy to sit with you in cupidol, some hanky-panky is allowed?  I have no experience...sorry.

All depends ...............

And depends on what you mean by 'hank-panky' of course.

Best to assume not, different bars (and different boys) will take a view on what is allowed  - and that can also vary from time of day and number of customers etc. etc.

Them sitting with you is essentially just for company, and maybe for more of an interview if you are thinking about barfining them.

If you have called then off the stage or invited them over to join you then I would say there is an expectation that you will be buying them a boy-drink (same as yours just more expensive LOL) for their time and company.

If thinks are going well you may both be getting a little flirty, a kiss, a touch - just got to see where it goes and where it leads. In my experience most bars will draw the line at exposed cocks (except in certain bars in Sunee Plaza of course LOL). So loose fitting trousers/shorts can be an advantage at times.

And if you are getting (discretely) intimate then a second drink or a tip of 100 baht when you leave would be considered polite. 

Visit the bar without expectation and you will not be disappointed, and you may even be pleasantly (and indeed pleasurably) surprised.

And if you are getting (discretely) intimate then a second drink or a tip of 100 baht when you leave would be considered polite. 

I agree with all above but would say, each time boy sits with you for more than just few minutes he deserves some tip, after all we are taking him from the stage where he could be spotted and engaged by somebody else.

If one decided to off boy , then no tip necessary as interview was fruitful.

That's what I've always thought.   If he's sat there for more than a few minutes & has been pleasant company, that's enough for a tip.  Handing out a tip is a convenient way of breaking the news that it's as far as matters will go.

If sending them back without a tip, do you just say "you can go now" ?

It's not something I've ever done, but I could envisage circumstances where I might want to do that (if we very quickly do not get on).  

For me the main purpose of calling a boy from the stage would be to check him out as a potential off. I prefer to get my gratification in bed rather than by a lot of fondling in the bar. As a rule I would not try and expose his cock rather I would assess it for hardness by gliding my hand over his shorts. In the same way I like to assess his kissing by a quick tongue kiss but not a lengthy session.

As a rule I would not try and expose his cock rather I would assess it for hardness by gliding my hand over his shorts. In the same way I like to assess his kissing by a quick tongue kiss but not a lengthy session.

Do these assessments need to be quantitative or is a ballpark estimation (not where the boy parks his balls) sufficient?

I'd not be fondling or exposing boy's privates  in the bar unless clearly initiated by him which mercifully happens from time to time, usually later in the night when boys are more pressed to get an off. Of course exception is in Eros or Good Boys where that's the whole idea but even there I'm still waiting for them to make first step.

Can't envision to send back boy without a tip unless it was him who planted himself beside without an invitation.     

Just to be clear, I agree with you entirely on the fondling issue & haven't implied anything different.

I have encountered the issue of a boy sitting next to me uninvited a couple of times.    In both cases it was a previous off & in both cases performance had been at a level where there was not a chance of a repeat off. 

The first time, I tipped low, which is a mistake.  

The second time, I was intending to leave anyway, so I said good bye, put the exact money for my drink in the check bin & handed it to a waiter on the way out.   Even this is probably not a good plan if it's a bar you're expecting to revisit on the same trip. 

Apologies for the lengthy post but judging by some recent PM's there's an interest among newcomers in all that  bar liturgy and customs.      

As with life, it depends on circumstances.  This past spring in Fresh Boys, boys I didn't ask to come by would sit down and ask for me to buy them a drink.  I said no, ignored them, left no tip.  In Hot Male, a previous off sat down next to me as soon as I came into the room and was seated.  I like him and told him I'd buy him a drink OR give him a tip.  He indicated the tip would be preferred.  I've followed Vinapu's advice and kept my tip money in a separate pocket.  (I also adopted his habit of now and then tipping the cutest boy on my way out, which once encouraged one "tipee" to give  me a very god time on my next visit to his cub).

Don't know if this is liturgical or customary...just happens in the moment.

That's particularly hard to handle if we really like a boy , don't want him to feel bad but nevertheless want to try somebody else. That's my problem at Arena and Bangkok Massage soi Twilight, on another hand boys of Tawan seem to take those ' rejections' very well , probably well trained in understanding meaning of ' butterfly ' although I had some commotion over issue last Dec.

I have the same issues at massage places, particularly where I have picked same guy more than one time. 

Vinapu provides solid advice but, as he says, you can't predict how individual boys will react.  I think you're more likely to run into this in the smaller places.

I was anticipating the dilemma as I approached one of my favorite haunts last month but I lucked out: my regular had gone home for a week.

In the end, it's always best to be as nice as possible about it while bearing in mind that we're the customer.

I've seen several people giving this bar bad reviews on the boards during the last year or so. I had not visited for about 4 months but had a drink there Sunday evening and since I was positively surprised I thought I might write here.

At about 10:30 pm there were 12 gogoboys on stage or sitting around in white underwear. All of them fit and good looking imo. A lot of sixpack abs. Mostly cute gay twinks and a couple of more manly boys with what maybe is called swimmer bodys. I was surprised of the good quality.

Drink price 200.

Overstaffed with dressed waiters, I counted 8 and may have missed counting one or two.

Definitely a bar worth visiting imho.

Thanks for this update Hanan. When I visited in Feb/Mar this year I was one of those disappointed with the place. It was very quiet on the customer front and only 5-6 boys the nights I visited, which was a pity as a year previous it was one of the best Gogos in Pattaya. As it was high season then I was concerned for it's future but glad to see it's got itself sorted out.

Although even when dead was over-staffed with waiting staff, or rather 'hanging-around doing very little' staff.

Look forward to visiting next month during my trip to Thailand, it seems it's back to what it was last year. 

Thanks for this update Hanan. When I visited in Feb/Mar this year I was one of those disappointed with the place. It was very quiet on the customer front and only 5-6 boys the nights I visited, which was a pity as a year previous it was one of the best Gogos in Pattaya. As it was high season then I was concerned for it's future but glad to see it's got itself sorted out.

I was there at the same time. Yes it was deserted both of boys and customers.

I put it down to the road works in Boyztown which must have put off many customers from venturing down the Soi and into the place.

What surprises me is that all the bars, except Oscars, continued to survive.

As the construction work has long finished I hope all the bars can now get back on their feet (even tho its now low season) and good luck to Cupidol for lasting out.