TotallyOz

What is Gay Thailand Like for Fireworks on New Year's Eve?

This is a video I took last night from my balcony. It is only 2 minutes long but gives you a good idea of the party going on last night. Naturally, this went on for a bit and even when daylight broke, the sound of fireworks were booming.

I went to breakfast in Jomtien at Pappa David's and my ride there was filled with guys and dolls on the street finishing up their party from the night before. Thailand is wild on New Year's.

I hope some of you that are away from LOS this year get a smile on your face from this video!

Happy New Year to ALL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XklK7w8NfvU

ps. Special thanks to Firecat for finding me this apartment as it has the best view ever for New Years!

Guest fountainhall

I watched the Chao Phraya fireworks from a friend's balcony near the river. Unfortunately there was a large apartment block between us and the main display around the Mandarin Oriental and Peninsula hotels and so I did not take photos. But with around 6 displays going on at the same time, it was spectacular as usual.

Happy 2011 to everyone!

Guest anonone

Excellent view. Thanks for posting.

I had to be home for the holidays this year, so left just before Christmas.

Certainly looks like a lot of fun...maybe I will welcome in 2012 from Pattaya.