Guest fountainhall

Expect Longer Delays Entering Malaysia from June 1st

Guest fountainhall

This announcement is on the Cathay Pacific website.

A biometric collection system, National Foreigners Enforcement and Registration (Biometrics) System (NERS), will be implemented by Malaysian authorities at all entry and exit points in Malaysia on 01 June 2011.

The collection of biometrics from both left and right index fingers will apply to all foreigners entering and leaving Malaysia, with the exception of Diplomatic Passport holders, disabled passengers, and children below the age of 12.

Longer queues at entry and exit points are expected during the first few months of implementation. Customers travelling to and from Malaysia should expect to spend more time at the airport, and are advised to leave for the airport early to avoid any delay.

yes-that is right. Found this when entering MY here at rantau Panjang/opposite Sungai kolok/TH-going toward KB=Kota Bahru. But no Qs-they made way for me and the officer had to dust of this plate and start up the whole system-just for me. Luggage also X-rayed, but I think this was also before. No more just a stamp in paspor, but on a 2-sided sticker, the other part to be taken off on leaving-coming sunday, KLCC for me.