TotallyOz

Anyone Used the Samsung S II Yet?

last I heard it is due for release in Thailand mid-July

bkkguy

I am planning to buy one, if they ever come to Thailand. Europe has them, Hong Kong has them. Why doesn't Thailand have them yet. Don't depend on that release date. They were supposed to arrived at the end of May and then the end of June and now they are talking about mid July. Screw the IPHone, I want the Samsung S2, and I just may buy it in America before it is released here.

I am planning to buy one, if they ever come to Thailand. Europe has them, Hong Kong has them. Why doesn't Thailand have them yet. Don't depend on that release date. They were supposed to arrived at the end of May and then the end of June and now they are talking about mid July. Screw the IPHone, I want the Samsung S2, and I just may buy it in America before it is released here.

That's why Heinz makes 98 varieties of soup. If you want a Samsung instead of an I phone have at it. Make sure you get new pants with big secure pockets to hold this LARGE phone and stop the pickpockets from getting it. LOL

Europe has them, Hong Kong has them. Why doesn't Thailand have them yet.

they also had syphilis and bubonic plague first as well - sometimes it is better to be behind the curve, at least they sorted out most of the bugs before the Android update for the original Galaxy was released here!

Don't depend on that release date.

two stands at Power Mall Electronica 2011 at Siam Paragon where taking pre-orders earlier this week but only one would give an expected release date - and that was the last day of the exhibition so yes I am not holding my breath!

Screw the IPHone

one thing you cant do with the Samsung yet - "Opena" beer bottle opener case for iPhone!

Make sure you get new pants with big secure pockets to hold this LARGE phone

Mae West would turn in her grave if she found out that it was a mobile phone and not a gun in the offending pocket, particularly since we are too busy fantasising over the phone to be pleased to see her anyway - but I do like to see size queens fighting over fractions of an inch!

bkkguy

Just got my Samsung Galaxy SII which launch in Spore Beginning of Jul. Quite Slim, faster than Samsung S1. Back cover is filmsy, well once can add on a Silicone back cover. Battery power drained out faster comparing to S1, hwvr adaquate for the day use.

Fast response. Pricing with 2 Yrs contract Bht6,100, w/o contradt Bht19,600

Editing of contact using Kies is easy, modify thru PC for upload to handset is simple.

Was choosing between 2 models IPhone 4 and Samsung Galaxy SII, ended up with SII as IPhone 5 or now 4B rumours launching sometime Sep in USA, so Asia probably by End Year or early next Year.

One added feature for SII with simple function scientific caculator, the rest still yet to explore. Tracking of phone via GPS is simple using Tektak (free software).

I bought mine several days ago without a plan for 17,900. I too compared IPhone4 with this phone and it may not have the HiSo name, but the S2 is a far better phone. Yes it is 1/4 inch bigger and I guess that size will matter to some of you.:rolleyes:. The screen is bright, and far larger then the IPhone and the camera is superior in every way. The Internet, even on 2g edge, is far faster then my BF's IPhone4, and my battery outlast his by 2 to one.

As they say in Thailand, "up to you", but I find this phone the best deal out there. Oh I need to add that it is 5000 BHT cheaper then the IPhone.

I bought mine several days ago without a plan for 17,900. I too compared IPhone4 with this phone and it may not have the HiSo name, but the S2 is a far better phone. Yes it is 1/4 inch bigger and I guess that size will matter to some of you.:rolleyes:. The screen is bright, and far larger then the IPhone and the camera is superior in every way. The Internet, even on 2g edge, is far faster then my BF's IPhone4, and my battery outlast his by 2 to one.

As they say in Thailand, "up to you", but I find this phone the best deal out there. Oh I need to add that it is 5000 BHT cheaper then the IPhone.

Yes I agree, it is a great phone and the same price as in the USA on Amazon....usually Thailand has been higher.

I paid 18,900 for mine and that was the price I saw at a few different places, Tuk Com, Big C (formerly Carefor) and at Central Mall on Beach Road Pattaya. So 17,900 is a better deal, from where please?

Always try New Wave in Pattaya. They supply the majority of those at Tuk Com and the price is always negotiable. I suggest talking to the male owner and not one of the girls. They don't seem to go down as much as he does.

Yes I agree, it is a great phone and the same price as in the USA on Amazon....usually Thailand has been higher.

I paid 18,900 for mine and that was the price I saw at a few different places, Tuk Com, Big C (formerly Carefor) and at Central Mall on Beach Road Pattaya. So 17,900 is a better deal, from where please?

From a place in Chiang Mai Central Kad Suan (basement floor) called Maewang and I paid 17,990. Saw the same price at another shop on the third floor also. See the ladyboy salesperson for the best deals.

Good to see someone giving Mr Jobs some proper competition. This has to be good for the consumer.

Competition. You have to be joking. Apple could buy Samsung with its spare cash and close them down if they felt like it.

Last count they had 76 Billion in cash and climbing by 9 Billion every quarter. Just as an example they could buy UPS, Visa, Hewlett Packard, etc etc etc etc and have money left over.

Currently there is no Competition to Apple Period. They are the most successful company in the world !!!1

Guest fountainhall

Competition. You have to be joking. Apple could buy Samsung with its spare cash and close them down if they felt like it

I assume you are talking merely about part of Samsung's company. In 2010 Apple's revenues were around US$63 billon. Samsung's were close to US$134 billion.

I assume you are talking merely about part of Samsung's company. In 2010 Apple's revenues were around US$63 billon. Samsung's were close to US$134 billion.

Who cares about revenues. I am talking about PROFIT. Apple has 10x the cash on hand of Samsung. No comparison!!!! They made 3x as much in profit then the entire Samsung Corp. The profits of Samsung are going straight down while Apples continue to go up every quarter.

Apple could buy Samsung phone division for 53 Billion and still have enough left to buy Nokia( who would want it)

Apple is King and they have no competition

Firecat69, I do hope you cancer gets better. How do you find time to write on these boards and run apple at the same time? :rolleyes:

All joking aside, Apple was the first with the smart phones, but they were also the first with a great operating system for computers. Nevertheless, MS is much bigger and more profitable. Soon what happened to their MAC line will happen to their IPhones. The ability to change and adapt has never been one of Apple's strong points and their requirements to use ITunes and and a inflexible operating system will soon be eclipsed by other smart phones using Android.

However, no need to argue about it, just watch and wait.

Firecat69, I do hope you cancer gets better. How do you find time to write on these boards and run apple at the same time? :rolleyes:

All joking aside, Apple was the first with the smart phones, but they were also the first with a great operating system for computers. Nevertheless, MS is much bigger and more profitable. Soon what happened to their MAC line will happen to their IPhones. The ability to change and adapt has never been one of Apple's strong points and their requirements to use ITunes and and a inflexible operating system will soon be eclipsed by other smart phones using Android.

However, no need to argue about it, just watch and wait.

Well entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts. Don't know who MS is and don't care. Only company in the world more profitable then Apple and only barely is Exxon Mobil. Also Apple is currently worth more then any company in the world except Exxon Mobil and if the stock goes up another 3% then Apple will be the most valuable company in the world.

Those are the facts and MS whoever they are is a minnow compared to Apple!!!

BTW I think I heard that same bullshit about the IPOD. Itunes will be the downfall and everyone will eventually catch Apple for music listening systems. The ground is littered with all the companies that tried and failed.

I hope MS is not Microsoft. If you owned that dog for the last ten years you would be out of money by now!!! Where if you owned Apple , well just look at all the millionaires created from people who invested $10,000.

Guest thaiworthy

Hey Firecat, you are not alone. I have been a loyal Apple user since 1979. I have owned since then: an Apple II plus, Macintosh Plus, Mac Color Classic, Mac 7200, Mac G3, G4, G5, iMac, iMac Flat Screen, and now using the latest MacBook Pro. I also have an ipad2 and an iPhone 4. I have never even touched a pc in my life and may God strike me down if I do. I don't do Windows.

I am a mac fan, big time. I am also a mac evangelist. I have a reputation for converting pc users to Mac enthusiasts. And I am as adroit at that as I am converting straight Thai boys to gay. (hehe). Watch out! I'll get you farang MS users too!

Upload TekTrak HP tracking software, its free for Android, may be IPhone4

Easy to setup, tracking your HP is a breeze. One know the exact location, even with Photo of location - building.

Can upgrade to premium for USD4plus with remote access to wipe out phone data.

Web link http://www.tektrak.com, only - point your movement can be tracked down if other aware of your password.

Of course Apple has been a good investment for people who got in at the right price.

Going forward, I see more downside risk than upside, so I have not purchased Apple stock.

How many electronics companies have sustained such a high profit margin over a long period of time? OK Microsoft did it, but that's software which resembles a monopoly, due to the network effect. As for consumer electronic products, it's a competitive business. Walkmans, Apple IIs, Nokia phones etc -they don't keep a dominant & profitable HIGH MARGIN market position long term.

As for buying Samsung & Nokia, I suspect this may not be permitted on competition grounds.

Good advice z209. Apple certainly are a great brand. The only thing to look at for is that they sell more iphones than all of their other products put together(that's mac's, iPods, iPads etc) A big weak point if the iphone 5 is weak. Android smart phones are creeping up on them big time. Personally, I still love my Blackberry, but they seem to be going down the toilet big time!

Of course Apple has been a good investment for people who got in at the right price.

Going forward, I see more downside risk than upside, so I have not purchased Apple stock.

How many electronics companies have sustained such a high profit margin over a long period of time? OK Microsoft did it, but that's software which resembles a monopoly, due to the network effect. As for consumer electronic products, it's a competitive business. Walkmans, Apple IIs, Nokia phones etc -they don't keep a dominant & profitable HIGH MARGIN market position long term.

As for buying Samsung & Nokia, I suspect this may not be permitted on competition grounds.

Thats what they were saying 2 weeks ago when Apple was $330. Now almost $400 How is 22% in 2 weeks???

BTW in the last 10 years there has been no bad time to buy Apple and no good time to buy that Dog Microsoft.

They have also dominated the portable music listening system (Ipod) for 10 years and the smartphone market for 4 years . And I am sure they will dominate the Tablet ( Ipad)market for years to come!!

Of course they are not interested in buying those other companies. Why would they be? They are destroying them!!!

Guest fountainhall

Thats what they were saying 2 weeks ago when Apple was $330. Now almost $400 How is 22% in 2 weeks???

I almost bought some in mid-2003 when they were languishing around US$15! Just like I almost bought some Wynn Macao shares 18 months ago when they dropped to under US$1.25 a few weeks after going public. Now they stand at $3.55. 185% in 18 months! When I make financial decisions, I end up like the Titanic :angry:

Guest fountainhall

Currently there is no Competition to Apple Period.

Not even the US government! Apple now has more cash in hand than Washington!

Latest figures from the US Treasury Department show that the country has an operating cash balance of $73.7bn.

Apple's most recent financial results put its reserves at $76.4bn.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14340470

Time for President Jobs?