TotallyOz

Super A gogo bar is Bangkok's BEST Gay Bar

No doubt. No competition. No other bars are close! Super A is a bit dirty. A bit dark and a bit sleezy. But, the price for drinks is 100 baht. And, the owner owns the massage place downstairs. You first go there and see a few boys you like and invite them up to the bar. They are affectionate, hands one and all fun.

I was there again last night and had a blast. Met 2 hot guys that had great fun with them. Bought them both a drink and all our drinks cost less than one drink on that other Soi.

Super A is A Plus IMHO!

Is that the one down an alley and upstairs, located on this road(13.72823,100.529032)?

What type of guys did they have?

Well, they have a mix. But, it is often too dark to tell what they look like. You need to get up close to them to tell.

Downstairs is the massage place and it is well lit and you can tell what you are getting.

It is the one upstairs and down from Solid.

I went in there last year. Found a dingy bar & a couple of rough guys sitting around waiting for a customer to walk in. So I left immediately.

Guess it would have been the first Sunday in December, so perhaps the combination of a Sunday and HRH's birthday might just have contributed to a quiet evening.

I went in there last year. Found a dingy bar & a couple of rough guys sitting around waiting for a customer to walk in. So I left immediately.

Guess it would have been the first Sunday in December, so perhaps the combination of a Sunday and HRH's birthday might just have contributed to a quiet evening.

It can be hit or miss but if you invite a couple of the massage boys downstairs for a drink, you are guaranteed a couple of cuties

If not already offed Nat from Lao will be upstairs and he is adorable!!

I was there I think twice, and I agree with Michael:

Super A is a bit dirty. A bit dark and a bit sleezy. But, the price for drinks is 100 baht.

I don't get their business model: I saw cute boys in the massage parlor on street level, but only when they were entering or leaving. And there were no prices displayed last time I was there. Do they want me as a customer to inquire prices and ASK to see the boys?

Furthermore, as I was lingering around unsure what to do, an older Thai man (the manager?) who obviously belonged to the business approached me and asked what I was waiting for and told me to go away.

But despite these experiences, I think there are some talents, and what I read here is promising, so Super A is on top of my list of bars to visit when I'm back.

Guest fountainhall

No doubt. No competition. No other bars are close! Super A is a bit dirty. A bit dark and a bit sleezy. But, the price for drinks is 100 baht . . . Super A is A Plus IMHO!

I'm all for a bit of sleaze, and long for a return of the old Twilight model (as discussed on this Board some months ago). As for Super A itself, though, I can't agree, unfortunately. "Super dirty" seems to sum up my experiences up there. I hate to think what we'd see if the lights were turned up full! And "go go" is surely a bit of a misnomer, as I have never seen any go-go dancing! Very occasionally there might have been one boy doing a very slow shuffle whilst staring at himself in the mirror. Last time I was there (about 2 months ago), the youngish mama-san was cute but pushy, even after buying drinks for 2 guys.

I did not realise you take the boys from downstairs up for a drink. I'd rather take them to Solid - if, that is, I had any idea what they looked like! Like ChristianPFC, I have passed the downstairs massage place and had a guy suggest I enter. But without a list of prices and without being able actually to see any of the boys, no way! It seems an odd place!

But without a list of prices and without being able actually to see any of the boys, no way! It seems an odd place!

Why were you unable to see the massage boys? They are all sitting in the chairs. When I went this week, there were about 15 - 20 guys there. All were in the massage area and I could see all very well. I pointed to 2 and asked if they wanted a drink in Super A and they both said yes.

I agree with Super A in it being very dark. But, if you bring your own fun, it is a blast. Otherwise, I would never have much fun there.

I don't think the boys would go to Solid as I think different owner. But, I never asked. It might be possible.

Guest fountainhall

Why were you unable to see the massage boys? They are all sitting in the chairs. When I went this week, there were about 15 - 20 guys there

Maybe there has been a change in management - or policy - as I have not been in the area for about 2 months. Since that place opened, though, I have walked by at least 5 times and never seen more than one boy sitting inside! Usually I've been there between around 10:00 pm and midnight. On one occasion, there were two other boys eating at a table across the street who said they were masseurs. So 3 is the maximum!

Maybe there has been a change in management - or policy - as I have not been in the area for about 2 months. Since that place opened, though, I have walked by at least 5 times and never seen more than one boy sitting inside! Usually I've been there between around 10:00 pm and midnight. On one occasion, there were two other boys eating at a table across the street who said they were masseurs. So 3 is the maximum!

Wow. I am shocked. I have been there several times over the last 3 months and never seen less than 10 boys. Perhaps they see me hobbling down the street and say, "hey, here is that sucker again" and then call all their friends. :)

OK. You are a late person. I am an early bird. I am usually there are 8-10 at the latest. Later than that, I don't know. My BF tells me I have to be in bed each night by 11PM. I think he must go out at night but not sure as I am usually asleep. :)

Guest fountainhall

Obviously the timing of visits is important. I tend to have dinner with friends first and so we don't hit the bars till later.

During my stay in may i visited every evening and always plenty of sexy boys available. Some of them visited me many times in Tarntawan Place even in the daytime.They had some beautiful boys from Laos.Even a big party was only about 3000 baht with enough fun in the bar.

Guest monkleigh

thanks for the info guys, i believe there is also a another bar upstairs somewhere here?

its on the same side as solid but further along the soi, walking passed with solid on your left....any ideas of the name....?

Guest fountainhall

i believe there is also a another bar upstairs somewhere here? its on the same side as solid but further along the soi, walking passed with solid on your left....any ideas of the name....?

There used to be a rather large upstairs bar on that side - almost opposite from Nature Boys. That died some time ago. Just before you got to the entrance for that bar, there has also been a series of bars at street level (once it was a massage place), but all these eventually died, too. I walked along that soi around 10:00pm this evening. There was nothing on that side after Golden Cock.

Not sure what now occupies the site next door to Solid (between Mango Tree and Solid). It, too, has seen a few changes in recent years. It appears to be a gay bar but I have never been inside.

There were half a dozen rather cute guys eating outside a massage place almost opposite Solid. But I got the impression that they were mostly from the massage place under Super A that Michael mentions above. If so, then it certainly seems worth a visit.

I was there again last night and had a nice time. It took two visits, one before dinner and one after to find the boy I was looking for. I found him. I took him home with me and had a great time. He lived up to everything he promised.

Michael, could you be a little be more specific in regard to the boys from the massage place below Super-A? Is it possible to take them off to enjoy them in the privacy of a hotel room? If yes, how much for the off fee? I took a look through the shop's window when I was in BKK about 6 months ago. I saw a few boys sitting around inside and some of them looked really nice. I had a short talk with the captain or mamsan (?) who stood outside, but it was a bit difficult to have a meaningful conversation. As far as I understood some of the boys are not Thai and this might be a problem when wanting to take them off. Furthermore it would be interesting to learn whther these boys - at least the ones you have been with - are sexually performing well or whether they are just the "chuk wao only" type.

Michael, could you be a little be more specific in regard to the boys from the massage place below Super-A? Is it possible to take them off to enjoy them in the privacy of a hotel room? If yes, how much for the off fee? I took a look through the shop's window when I was in BKK about 6 months ago. I saw a few boys sitting around inside and some of them looked really nice. I had a short talk with the captain or mamsan (?) who stood outside, but it was a bit difficult to have a meaningful conversation. As far as I understood some of the boys are not Thai and this might be a problem when wanting to take them off. Furthermore it would be interesting to learn whther these boys - at least the ones you have been with - are sexually performing well or whether they are just the "chuk wao only" type.

I think it all depends on the boy. Many have ID's from other countries and have no problem getting into a hotel. If the mamasan tells you they can't go with you, I would question their age and stay away from them.

The ones I met with did exactly what promised and I had my hotel security check their ID's as I had to sign them in. I have taken 4 boys from there outside of the venue and had no problems at all. However, if they say they can only do short time room upstairs, I would stay away from them. IMHO

Good luck and let us know how your trip goes!

I visited the Massage place below Super-A a few times in September. Actually I was not impressed due to the few boys there. Nevertheless they were very friendly and welcoming. One of them had a very cute face but unfortunately he was a bit chubby and too straight, too. I switched to another boy who looked rather Chinese. He was willing to do everything and he did not promise too much.

A few days later I offed another boy who was nice. However, he was much less versatile than the 1st guy.

It was no problem to bring the boys back to the hotel.

All in all I got the impression that the choices there are too limited. I am not 100% sure (due to my not always exact memory), but I think they had more attractive boys on offer in March this year.