atri1666

My stay in Singapore during the Easter days

I was leaving Berlin thursday 5th april and was flying with LH to Singapore in Businessclass with special price from 11.11.11 for 1111 Euro. First time i had a queue at immigration in Singapore. Waiting time about 10 min. but they are good in their service. Quickly opening new counters. Taxi to Peninsula around 14 S$. Checkin in Skylounge with drinks on my choice. Room at same floor at 22nd level with beautiful view. Same night had 2 visitors. No problems because pick up at street level and go with lift directly to 22nd level with my keycard. Access to exec. floors only with keycard. Was going around with public traffic and also changed my old ezlink cards for a new one. MRT was 50m from my hotel and 7/11 is over the street. Spend all afternoon in queenresortsauna. Lots of fun. Take green line or any other to Outram Park and exit through H. Walk about 40m ahead and you see queenresort/queenresident. First sauna i visited with elevator. I liked it very much but i was very tired after 5 times sex in 3 hours.There have been enough young people. Cheap drinks in sauna and free internet. My returnflight was sunday night again with LH. Unbelievable was that many people have been doing same like me. Going only for 3 days to Singapore. Got full miles for my account. Some pictures from room and skylounge in Peninsula Hotel.

post-134-0-56777200-1334424032_thumb.jpg

post-134-0-55439600-1334424077_thumb.jpg

post-134-0-66523700-1334424088_thumb.jpg

post-134-0-79087400-1334424120_thumb.jpg

post-134-0-10563500-1334424131_thumb.jpg

post-134-0-28079900-1334424142_thumb.jpg

post-134-0-13558600-1334424188_thumb.jpg

post-134-0-85261900-1334424198_thumb.jpg

Guest fountainhall

Thanks for the report and photos. The Marina Bay Sands hotel always looks impressive from the outside. Pity it has so many flaws inside – judging by my stay last summer (sorry, had to get that gripe out! It is way overpriced and quite underwhelming!)

That was an amazing business class fare. Was it only for Singapore, or could you have flown to other long-haul destinations at that price? Flying for long week-ends is quite common now within Asia, but not transcontinental. Although I wonder if many guys from Europe have flown into Bangkok this weekend just for the Songkran 6 series of parties (last one tonight).

It’s been years since I was in a sauna in Singapore. The one I really enjoyed – Rairua – suddenly closed down for no apparent reason. I’ve often heard that younger, in-shape Singapore guys have a bit of attitude, especially with older, less in-shape westerners? Did you see any of that? Clearly, from your post, you didn’t experience any yourself as you were very much in demand! :p

For me all hotels are overpriced in Singapore but i like the city very much. There have been many destination ( lots of cities in America but only 2 cities in Asia) to book at 11.11.11. I booked my flight at 3.30 am. There was also a gay couple flying the same flights like me. We had only a talk. Yes there are saunas and young men with attitude. Especially i had this situation in Absolute but i visited only once. All the years i visited Blue Heaven and RAW (now Queen Resort). With Utopiacard you get lots of discount and i am member in Queenresort. I think about to try next time their suite room or vip room for a short stay. I had a look and the both higher cat. rooms are ok for some days. It is 24h open and you have free access to all facilities and they have lift for all 5 floors. I had done my hookups already with GR. Only need to wait for messages. Shogun (near Absolute) is also a good place for out of-shape people and their admirers. I like the good public traffic and the good food. Mostly i ate at Hawker stalls and very cheap for lunch. No need to go for dinner because had from 6pm the cocktailhours in my Skylounge.

Guest fountainhall
With Utopiacard you get lots of discount

I had completely forgotten about the Utopia card! I joined up in the first 6 months or so - my number is less than 1000 - but I have not used it for many years. I wonder if it is still valid? Better check!

It is lifetime membership - dont worry. In KL i saved a fortune with 50% discount on entry in my sauna. Most places you get 10%. I use the card very often in Asia. Before i travel i look for informations about my destinations.