Guest HeyGay

A very sad announcement re: owner of Panarama and Funny Boys

I have just been informed that TIM the owner of PANARAMA AND FUNNY BOYS has taken his own life in the night .

The horrendous build up to this over the last year I won't go into details here, but all I can say is

GOD REST HIS SOUL AND HOPE HE IS FINALLY IN PEACE..

I also feel very sorry for those left behind who have got to pick up the pieces that will be unraveled as time goes by.

A very sad thing in deed. Tim was a great guy and enjoyable to talk to. He was also very good to many in the gay community in Thailand. I hope his friends and family know how kind he was to others and know that many that met him over the years will truly miss him.

RIP Tim

At 5:30 am on Saturday 8 Dec , Pattaya City Police were notified of a foreigner found dead, after falling from a room at the Condotel No. 3 Moo 10, South Pattaya,

At the scene behind the condo MR. TIMOTHY BERTRAM DURELL, 63, a British man from London was discovered beyond resuscitation by emergency services, after staff on duty in the reception area heard a dull”thud” sound outside and went to investigate.

In his accommodation, Police found several letter and envelopes all sealed and addressed to individuals and can only assume that these were, in fact, suicide note. They also found his mobile phone which they took to check for messages.

http://www.pattaya103.com/timothy-durell-pattaya-die-balcony-fall/

Wow that was quick in the newspapers I was only told early this morning, it's a very distressing story and he has been on suiside watch for sometime, I will let others tell the long running distressing sagabuilding upto this final end to his problems, leaving others licking their wounds, such a shame he seemed to be such a nice guy before all this unfortunate story started to unfold many months ago.

Guest fountainhall

I consider the OP a travesty! Yes, it was good of HeyGay to inform readers of what is clearly extremely sad news. To tarnish this with hints of “horrendous build up” is, in my view, utterly disgraceful! I never had the pleasure of meeting him. All I know is a man who did a great deal of good within the gay community has died. I do not believe gaythailand is the type of Board for this sort of innuendo at such a time.

I am also curious. The original posting had the wording

GOD REST HIS SOLE AND HOPE . . .

I got the impression this was up for more a good deal more than one hour. If that happens to be correct, who edited such an appalling and basic typing error?

What difference dose what your saying matter , he was a lovely man, he's dead, as for why, if your not in on that information your have to wait to see if you are one day. It would not bring him back, to much for you to worry your head about.

No ill say no more about all the speculation of this terrible drama. Apart from the fact he has been on suicide watch for some time now, so some people were not surprised, its a horrible thing to happen, no matter what the reasons why .

So I have to assume that you take absolutely no issue with the innuendo in the OP?

No, I do not. If the issue you see is the words "horrendous build up" I would suggest that it is very logical. If this was suicide, and we do not know that for sure even though the cops have stated this, I would think it is logical to know that this was a build up. I don't think suicide is something one just thinks of one minute and then does the next. If suicide is what happened here, I do think that it was a build up.

Guest fountainhall

I really have to answer Michael's point - briefly. Of course, in almost every suicide there will be a "build up". The point I was making is that the few hours after anyone has chosen to commit suicide is no time to discuss that "build up" especially in a manner which, I submit, tended to sensationalise it. There is a time and a place . . . This was a time to report a fact and respect the life and work of the deceased.

I humbly respect what your saying Mr fountain, but tell that to the family of the Nurse who put those Aussie Radio Prangters through in the UK trying to find out news about our next Queen of England and she committed suicide yesterday, I have just watch a whole program on Fox TV going into speculation of why she choose to kill her self when she had 2 wonderful young children, it's a new world now with 24 hours craving for THE INSTANT inside Stories in the News, your have to get use to these facts now days, and the big real story behind this sad death has not come out yet so that's good.

post-8233-0-11605600-1355035550_thumb.jpg

Guest thaiworthy
I do not believe gaythailand is the type of Board for this sort of innuendo at such a time.

Agreed. The second sentence was especially unnecessary and sensationalistic. The last sentence could have been more sensitively stated, such as "my sympathies to the staff."

if your not in on that information your have to wait to see if you are one day.

No, I'm not "in" on that information, don't ever want to be "in" on that information, and think your comments (other than notification of the death) were typically classless.

In your original post, you said: "I won't go into the details here..." That commment, at least to me, reflects a couple of things: (1) That you want everybody to know you're in on the secret, scoopy, information as if somehow that makes you better or even enviable (unbeknownst to you, it only makes you appear to be creepy), and (2) given your history, there's (sadly) no doubt that you'll go into the details somewhere. Just don't do it here.

It's too bad the guy died. Leave it at that.

I only knew Tim by sight and have probably exchanged no more than a dozen words with him in all the time I have been coming to Thailand. All I know of him is that I only ever heard his staff speak well of him and that he was, on more than one occasion, generous with both time and money to other farang who had fallen on hard times.

As to any "background" to this sad story, whether fact, fiction or speculation this is not, in my opinion, the time or the place to post it.