TotallyOz

The Swiss Lodge in Gay Bangkok

The Swiss Lodge is a Boutique hotel set squarely in the heart of Bangkok on pedestrian-friendly tree-lined Convent road adjacent to the Silom – Sathorn – Rama IV business, entertainment, and shopping district, the famous Patpong Night Market and just minutes from the BTS Sky train and MRTA underground subway systems. Bangkok’s major roads and highways converge on this area putting the rest of the country at your doorstep.

Rated 4-star by various professional institutions, guests repeatedly refer to us as a home away from home or an oasis during their repeated visits. Swiss Management and Thai Hospitality blend exquisitely in this purposeful environment which is privately owned and run with a fully trained staff ready to serve you around the clock with enthusiastic decorum.

The SWISS LODGE

3 Convent Road, Silom, Bangrak

Bangkok, Thailand 10500

http://www.swisslodge.com/

post-10472-0-51458600-1360013304_thumb.jpg

post-10472-0-14204200-1360013305_thumb.jpg

post-10472-0-92979500-1360013307_thumb.jpg

Guest thaiworthy

This is a very nice little place in a good location. In the late 90s when I first discovered Thailand I would stay at Tarnatawan, but later migrated to Swiss Lodge. Their breakfasts are excellent and the accommodation immaculate and superb. If you like the Bangkok nightlife, this is within walking distance and a good choice for your stay. It even has a pool! I heartily recommend Swiss Lodge.

Guest fountainhall

I agree entirely with thaiworthy's comments. I have booked several friends in the Swiss Lodge over the last few years and they have all loved it - without exception. The hotel has good rates in the region of Bt. 1,800 - Bt. 2,000 if you book far enough ahead.

The location could not be better. It is just a short walk to the Skytrain, there are pubs, cafes and restaurants galore nearby and it is ideally situated for exploring the gay nightlife. Unfortunately, the map is not great for gay tourists. It does not include the main gay Silom Soi 4. So think of Soi 4 as just an extension of Soi Convent on the other side of Silom. Nor Silom Soi 2 nearer Rama 4 with many other gay establishments, including the popular gay disco DJ Station. Also omitted is the small alley where G.O.D. is located (between Sois 2 and 4).

The hotel also has a small pool.

Guest Jovianmoon

At the risk of plugging this hotel too much, I agree with FH's and TW's comments here. Along with the Malaysia Hotel (which is of a different 'standard'), the Swiss Lodge was one of the two hotels I stayed at on my very first trip to Bangkok. I liked both, but if you're willing to pay a bit more than the Malaysia Hotel's tariffs then I also highly recommend the Swiss Lodge. My experience was in 2000, but it seems the Swiss Lodge's standards have remained.

Plus, their beds are huge!  :)

I have only stayed on the Swiss lodge with my partner, and found it a great place to stay.  However, a friend of mine who is single stayed there and he had two three ways (on seperate niights) with no joiner fees.  I do think they object when you try to bring an elephant into you room, :p  Other then that____This is Thailand.