Guest fountainhall

Heart Beat Club and Screwboys

Guest fountainhall

Following dinner last night, we returned to Heartbeat Club in the small soi off Suriwong on the other side from Soi Twilight. Although only a couple of other customers were there, the boys were dancing with their usual gusto, some in mini briefs and some in jeans. My favourite waiter explained that those in jeans were newbies, although at what point the jeans come off, we did not find out  :fool:

However, we asked one of the newbies over for a drink. He's a very handsome 19 year old from Isaan with a fabulous smile. Not much English and this was his first day on the job, but he was just great fun! No shyness there! We adored him!

There is no show here, but who would want a show when the enthusiasm from the boys' dancing and playing around on stage really is so infectious. One cutie was wearing a tiny pair of pants with a cut-out V-shape laced at the back. We were sorely tempted to pull some strings  :p  

Drinks are Bt. 250. But around 1:00 am, the Club turns into a disco and we were told prices drop to Bt. 100. The boys then become the waiters.

I left around midnight. As I walked along Patpong 2, I noticed that Screwboys was closed. Has that bar finally died, I wonder?

I left around midnight. As I walked along Patpong 2, I noticed that Screwboys was closed. Has that bar finally died, I wonder?

Yes, and it broke poor Bob's heart to see it gone.

I agree they have a few boys there that actually know how to dance, one in particular. It is a comfortable place with no pressure and a nice change from the 1 foot shuffle at Soi Twilight.

The guy that waits on Suriwong trying to get customers will always walk back and tell them 200 baht for the drinks.

Guest fountainhall

Is it down the same soi as Jupiter?

firecat69 has given the directions. Once you get into that small soi, it's on the right about 40 meters in. Its's apparently more than a year old. As we've discussed in another thread, many of the dancers are fem type boys, but not all. The great thing we find is they always seem to be enjoying themselves - and that's infectious.

Not long ago I walked past Screwboys, there were plenty of boys inside (in jeans or underwear) as I could see through the open door, strangely their doormen are not aggressive (i.e. even if I walk past in a way that allows me to take a look inside, they don't approach me), or there were none? If it is closed, this comes very unexpected. I shall check the next time I am in the area.

Your reports about Heart Beat Club sound good, I might go there as well. (My single visit so far in September was so-so.)

Yes, and it broke poor Bob's heart to see it gone.

?  I've never been in the place as far as I can recall.  Plus I saved my tuxedo, vino, and prayer book for attending services at the upscale Super A back in the olden days.  Now I just go to temples.

Last time I glanced through the door at Screwboys, they were wearing underwear. Obviously a sleaze bar needs to keep the old style mini aprons, or something else that is equally revealing. If not, the USP is gone.

No wonder they are closed.

Guest Jellybean

Firstly, I’d like to say hello to everyone. I didn’t know about this board, I always seem to be the last to find out about such things. It was a member of SGT who tipped me the wink (oh that sounds terribly outdated) what I mean is, the SGT member told me where some of the old SGT posters could be found.

Now to get back on topic, I was sorry to hear about the demise of Screwboys Bar. I was last there in January 2013 and had planned on another visit within the next week or two. Looks like I’ve left it too late! Still, there is always the Heart Beat Club, which I walked past in January, but did not go in because it looked like the club was empty.

Well, there I’ve done it, my first post on a brand new forum.

Jellybean

Guest scottishguy

a447 - it's amazing how some bars exist for years yet one rarely hears of them.

Did you ever visit My Way bar (now closed) in BKK? Apparently it had been there for years before I stumbled over it. It was excellent early evening 6-8pm - it might have been even more excellent 8pm but I was invariably already hooked-up by that time! Alas it went downhill after the owner died (well I heard he died anyway) and closed soon after.

Yes, welcome JB

Guest scottishguy

My most vivid memory of Screwboys was one night when the water in half of Silom went off and the toilets couldn't be flushed.

At that time they had a DJ playing the music and the announcement was actually made "If anybody want shit come to bar and ask for carrier bag"

:unknw:

it's amazing how some bars exist for years yet one rarely hears of them.

It sure is.  How long has this bar been on the scene?? How come nobody has ever mentioned it??

There's also a bar near the entry to a soi leading off Rama 4, just around the corner from Silom Road and heading towards Suriwong.Road.  I've got a feeling it's a gay bar, but the soi looks very dirty and uninviting.

Is that My Way?

Guest scottishguy

Well, the last I heard "My Way" had closed down but that was maybe 4 yrs ago (I tend not to go to BKK)

I'll describe where it was the only way I can:

Coming out of Soi Twilight on to Surawong Rd  turn LEFT and cross Surawong Rd then walk up to the first big road and turn right, walk past the shop that sells all the wheelchairs etc and it was along that road on the corner of a little side street. A bit of a sleazy location if I remember, so you could be correct

Somebody here will know the street names far better than me - but as I say, I thought it had been closed for years. 

I have a vague recollection that the owner was called Freddy or Harry or something although I think he was Thai.

As I say,  somebody will give us chapter and verse I'm sure!

Guest fountainhall

Thanks, Christian, for clearing up the issue of Screwboys and why it is closed - temporarily, as we now know.

I remember My Way from way, way back  ;) ! It was one of the relatively few go-go bars in the late 1980s, certainly the early 1990s. a447a is correct as to its location. It was in a small alley off Rama IV in between Silom and Suriwong (close to Charn Issara Tower, I believe). Like Twilight bar, it was a fun place to visit, although I don't recall any nudity. It must be 10 years since I last looked through the door. At that time it all seemed to have changed so much for the worse that I walked out pretty quickly. How it managed to last so long, I have no idea.

I once remember meeting a boy in Phuket who worked at the My Way there. He said he normally worked in Bangkok, but the owner wanted more guys in Phuket for a few weeks. I took it from that conversation that there was a link between the two - and possibly also with New My Way in Chiang Mai. 

Guest scottishguy

Yes, the 3 of us are definitely talking about the same place!

But Founty - you never saw any nudity? Did you sit down for a drink - or maybe you just looked in?

As soon as you sat down (well, give it 5 mins lol) the boys (who were always in street clothes) each whipped it out and started performing sex acts on themselves as it says in the Sunday papers. And of course you were free to help out. well, not exactly "free" but you get my drift. Ok, not exactly classy lol - but it's good to slum it occasionally. And I noticed Bob referring to Super A earlier - so he'll know what I mean!!

But yes, when the elderly owner passed on (I'm feeling increasingly confident his "name" was Freddy or Harry), it appeared some of the boys took it over and it became pretty poor with disinterested  boys and the bar staff nipping out to 7-11 for your beer as they had no money to keep stock. 

In it's heyday it was a place to meet street-type boys if you like that type, but in a bar setting. The English guy who had something to do with the BBB group - Bangkok Best Boys, not Boyz,Boyz,Boyz  put me onto the place. "We like to keep it a little secret" he told me and he personally took me round , so I got the impression it was more ex-pats than tourists who frequented the place.

Guest fountainhall

In the days when I would occasionally pop in, the boys actually danced quite enthusiastically on stage and wore white underwear. I more or less stopped going when I found the boys wearing jeans. On the rare occasions I did look in, I saw hardly any customers and a lot of bored boys!

Guest scottishguy

Now, that just illustrates how different people's tastes can be.

I prefer them in jeans any day! 

So long as they come off (the jeans I mean)

Still - it's all good, as they say.

:hi:

Guest Jellybean

Despite being back in Bangkok for the last 4 weeks I hadn’t visited any of the go-go bars, mainly because I’m seeing two boys whom I met on the Internet. The subject of the Heart Beat Club and Screwboys Bar aroused my interest. Christianpfc in his post above checked this out and was able to confirm that Screwboys is indeed closed, but there is a sign on the door stating, “Under renovation coming shortly” so perhaps all is not lost. I passed by Screwboys Bar on Friday night and read the same notice.

I was on route to Super ‘A’ Bar as I had heard a rumour that it too had closed. It was to be my plan B in case I didn’t find anyone in the Heart Beat Club. As I walked along Soi Tarntawan, where Super ‘A’ and Nature Boys bars are located, I was relieved to see a group of doormen who are responsible for getting the punters into Super ‘A’. Just to be on the safe side I asked them if the bar was open, they confirmed that it was and tried to encourage me to step inside. I said I was going to another bar, but would probably be back later.

On the way to and from Super ‘A’ Bar I passed a massage parlour opposite Tawan Bar. Outside were a number of masseurs, three of whom caught my eye because I thought they were very handsome. Now I can’t remember if this is the same place that a447 wrote about on another board, saying the boys were useless, sorry can’t remember your exact words a447a, but I do remember striking the venue off my list after reading your report. Hopefully it’s not the same place or things may have changed.

Anyway, back at the Heart Beat Club I stepped in for the first time. There were around 14-16 boys available, dressed mainly in briefs but there were perhaps around five stripped to the waist and wearing jeans. The boys were dancing most enthusiastically on the stage and there was a good atmosphere in the club. I think there were another two customers in the bar.

The mamasan, a very attractive lady boy called Sam, took my drinks order and asked if I was interested in any of the boys. I would say the majority of the boys were on the thin side and too effeminate for my taste, but there were a number of masculine boys and one in particular attracted my attention. I thought to myself, I doubt he is gay, he had a bit of a menacing attitude to him, but on the positive side, he was very handsome and had, what looked like, a great body. For some reason it is my bad luck to pick straight boys, but some of them can turn out to be very good. I thought, what the hell, I’m going to take a risk and I offered him a drink. The drinks cost 250 Baht each.

The boy didn’t speak any English and the mamasan very helpfully stepped in when my pidgin Thai wasn’t quite good enough. She didn’t say he was straight, but she did say he was a top. Yes, I thought so, but I persisted and outlined what my preferences were. She translated to the boy and he confirmed that he was willing to go with me.

After we finished our drinks I asked for the check-bin, crikey his off fee was 500 Baht!!! I questioned this with the mamasan, yes total bill 1,000 Baht two drinks at 250 baht each and an off fee of 500 baht. Honestly, I don’t think a bar so off the beaten track and near empty should be charging such off fees and I wouldn’t have paid that price for anyone else in the bar, but I was so smitten and happy with my choice of boy that I handed over my 1,000 Baht.

The boy turned out to be the right choice and I hope to see him again sometime.

Now talking of off fees, whilst at the bar I took away a copy of “Desire” magazine and inside is an advert for the Heart Beat Club with a tear off slip saying “Free Off”. Hmm … pity I hadn’t known about the offer before I went into the bar.