zombie

Why I have not logged in for 30 days

This web site sent me an email with reference to me not logging in for 30 days. Thanks for your concern.

The reason I have not done so is unfortunately:

This site, its layout, presentation and content is very boring. It badly needs redesign, some fresh input with interesting topics to get me interested.

ok?!

:yahoo:

Your entitled to your opinion.  This site has more posters, viewers and topics then ever before. So you are in a distinct minority and I hope you enjoy whatever site you are now spending your time.

Looking at your limited posts , you contributed absolutely nothing so you certainly have not been missed by anyone except a computer program that sent you an auto message.

Hopefully it will not send you anymore!!

I have noticed that the forum has become less interesting with the

retirement of fountainhall and the absence of Michael.

There are many gaythailand forums and none of them are interesting and

thought provoking all the time. Interesting and informative posters like

firecat are not in Thailand currently.

If I was paying a monthly premium, I might consider moving on but as long as

the forums are free, if I am bored with one I look at another.

Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.

We are getting into high season and the forums usually pick up steam around now.

You may see it that way but I don't.  There are far more posters then ever before.  Since you are in Thailand all the time , I am sure we would like to see more posts started by you.

It does not make sense for someone to complain about the Board being less interesting when that poster rarely contributes an original post.

It is every members responsibility to make this Board interesting and the more people that contribute the better the Board.

If the opening poster wants some interesting content, perhaps he might like to contribute some himself?   

Anyhow, please just ignore the next 30 day e-mail.   Perhaps Scooby can ensure you don't receive one.

This site, its layout, presentation and content is very boring. It badly needs redesign, some fresh input with interesting topics to get me interested.

note: my bold - Rog

As GT is a commercial site with an associated message board, rather than a standalone, (non-commercial)  forum then redesigning it from time to time warrants consideration. I'm reasonably happy with its current design which as far as I am aware hasn't altered much over the years, by which I mean the appearance; behind the scenes I am sure there have been many improvements. As for being boring, the forums' content has already been commented on, so I will mention presentation and layout. It's difficult to change either of these components more than every so often, so anyone bored with the present set-up is likely to have a short attention span, and more than likely quickly bored with whatever change(s) is made. 

So, with regard to redesigning the site, maybe Zombie has a few suggestions to make. Let's get a discussion going and see what he and others think. . .

You may see it that way but I don't.  There are far more posters then ever before.  Since you are in Thailand all the time , I am sure we would like to see more posts started by you.

It does not make sense for someone to complain about the Board being less interesting when that poster rarely contributes an original post.

It is every members responsibility to make this Board interesting and the more people that contribute the better the Board.

If this is directed towards me, please be advised that I am not in Thailand all the time and spend

months outside the country every year.

The vast majority of posters feel no responsibility to initiate threads

or post and neither do I. On most forums, a few posters start most threads and post.

When the leading posters are absent, forums dry up until others step in.

My feeling is that if one is bored, then move on to another forum. There must be half a dozen

today and all have their ups an downs.

It is still directed to you even if you are not in Thailand all the time, you are a frequent visitor. 

And when a frequent visitor complains about the posts because his favorite poster is gone , and yet provides minimal if any new posts on the Board  then I think he should consider starting some original posts instead of expecting everyone else to do it for him.

And if he does not feel like starting posts then that is cool but don't complain about the lack of interesting posts ( in his opinion).

Guest trailrider

Looking at your limited posts , you contributed absolutely nothing so you certainly have not been missed by anyone except a computer program that sent you an auto message.

And you, dear friend, contribute entirely too much.  Most of which has no purpose or thought.  You have never seen a topic which you can not curse with your drivel.

I am a bit absent as I always am when not in Thailand.  I just don't have as much to post when I am away. I do try to contribute to the other threads by other people but not as much.

As far as the design of the site, I agree it may need a refresh. But, a refresh does not change anything in the forums.  The forums live and die on their own.

I am glad willie misses me. It brought a tear to my eye. Think back to your youth and seeing the Indian with a tear for forest fires. That was me just now (except not as old, not Indian and a bit larger).

To trailrider who dissed firecat in this thread and several others, I wonder why you are so obsessed with him? 

As for me, I post here as I love getting information and I also love sharing information about a place I love.  I start threads when I can but just a few weeks back, I was told I was too confrontational and needed to back off a bit.  Now, I am told I am missed. Love it!

Guest surfcrest

To trailrider who dissed firecat in this thread and several others, I wonder why you are so obsessed with him?

We know trailrider as kjun12....perhaps that might reveal what this drivel is all about ;)

Surfcrest

We know trailrider as kjun12....perhaps that might reveal what this drivel is all about ;)

Surfcrest

WE?  Rather imperial of you.  I do not know that this is Khun12, but thank god you did not suggest it was Neal whom you seem to see in every new board and every new member.   Weeehoooo weehooo, Neal is probably reading this right now.  You best run to PBB and find out what he is saying about all this. Weeehooo Weeehooo

Guest buckbee

The content and discussion is not too bad but it would be good if there were more specific threads about Gay Thailand. I also would like to see a bit more moderation, not in regards to posts but in regards to the organisation of the forum. For example there are 30 threads on this page http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/forum/3-gay-thailand/ but only about 50% of the threads are even relevant to Gay Thailand. My suggestion would be a total clean up of all the folders, rename some, add more and delete ones that get no activity and move all the threads to the correct folders

EG

Gay Thailand

Gay Asia

Gay Resources (Businesses and Websites)

Off Topic (all the pizza, atm, thaksin, planes etc :p  threads go in there)

Support and Suggestions

I am glad willie misses me. It brought a tear to my eye. Think back to your youth and seeing the Indian with a tear for forest fires. That was me just now (except not as old, not Indian and a bit larger).

Ah yes,  Iron Eyes Cody, the weeping Indian , but alas, born in Sicily, Espera Oscar de Corti !

My suggestion would be a total clean up of all the folders, rename some, add more and delete ones that get no activity and move all the threads to the correct folders

EG

Gay Thailand

Gay Asia

Gay Resources (Businesses and Websites)

Off Topic (all the pizza, atm, thaksin, planes etc :p  threads go in there)

Support and Suggestions

Thanks for contributing constructively to the discussion Buckbee.

I think you are being too restrictive Buckbee. According to you anything not gay is 'off topic'. 

The Gay Thailand forum sounds good in principal, but in practice it is anything at all related to Thailand - hence pizzas, ATM's etc. That's the way it's evolved and the main reason for that I think is there aren't sufficient solely gay topics within Thailand itself (that never veer off course to become 'off topic') so that forum is padded out with other stuff.

The Beer Bar is for anything at all, so that's the place to go for Off Topic threads, by which is meant Off Gay Thailand, Gay Asia, etc Topics. I rather like the term Beer Bar so would not like to see that changed. 

One idea would be to post everything (other than Gay Asia or Gay Resources) that is Off Gay Thailand Topic into the Beer Bar. That would include non-gay topics anywhere in the world including Thailand, gay-related topics outside SE Asia, such as developments in gay marriage in other parts of the world and anything else. The Beer Bar is going through a dry patch at the moment so maybe it's time to revitalise it.

Mods! How do you delete a superfluous quote?!

Ah yes,  Iron Eyes Cody, the weeping Indian , but alas, born in Sicily, Espera Oscar de Corti !

Never heard of 'im! Was he in a book, comic, film, TV series or what? What is the relevance of the forest fire?

this tread stirred up a bit of a storm and got interesting.

The usual response when someone complains about how boring it is, is to suggest that

they do better, start threads etal.

The fact is all the gaythailand forums get boring sometimes and then usually perk up and

another fact is that a handful of posters dominate every forum, start most of the threads

and do most of the postings.

When the prolific posters stop posting and starting new threads, things slow down.

I like trailrider and believe new posters are the fresh blood every forum needs. I don't agree

with him about firecat, whom I usually find interesting, especially his trip reports

and gayromeo reviews. I agree that many threads are not about gaythailand but that happens

on every forum and it just the way it is.

Michael is missed when he doesn't post for weeks and is a fountain of information.

I also agree surfcrest is obsessed but it is understandable as he has a nasty enemy who is

obsessed with him and for 99% of posters it is tedious and dull as dishwater.

Guest surfcrest

WE?  Rather imperial of you.  I do not know that this is Khun12, but thank god you did not suggest it was Neal whom you seem to see in every new board and every new member.   Weeehoooo weehooo, Neal is probably reading this right now.  You best run to PBB and find out what he is saying about all this. Weeehooo Weeehooo

Nothing "Imperial" about the simple word "we" KhorTose, just the team of "we" I work with.

And no....no mention of Neal....my comment was about kjun12...who you might not recall, but firecat and Michael both might appreciate knowing the source of this "obsession".

Where do you see evidence of me seeing Neal in every new board and every new member?

This Board? My Board? Or another Board?

Let me see where you are seeing all of this KhorTose, unless it's where you are telling me to run to!

Surfcrest

Guest trailrider

I also agree surfcrest is obsessed but it is understandable as he has a nasty enemy who is

obsessed with him and for 99% of posters it is tedious and dull as dishwater.

I don't know surfcrest and don't care to know him.  Why does he come to another site to attack me?  I think that is indeed obsessed as well as maliscious.  Makes me wonder if he is not Neal in disguise.

Guest trailrider

Michael, you are correct in that I have twice said, essentially, that firecat talks too much but he does seem to have to comment on every thread.  However, everyone has a right to post and I apologize to him for castigating him for that.  Firecat, please accept my apology.

Where do you see evidence of me seeing Neal in every new board and every new member?

This Board? My Board? Or another Board?

Let me see where you are seeing all of this KhorTose, unless it's where you are telling me to run to!

Surfcrest

Thank you for giving such a fine example of your paranoid idealization.  People who have your defect never realize that they are creating their own world, and their own hell for that matter.  I must be saying this because I am reading what your board now says is Neal's board.  Yes, all my information comes from your board which I daily sign into, and yes, you may thank me for the traffic.   Your "WE" is just another example of your weird thinking as your "WE" is obviously wrong unless trailrider is lying, as Michael obviously thinks he is.  Maybe trailrider is Neal trying to make you look bad.  If it is Neal, he succeeded.