TotallyOz

In the Garden of the Dragon: A Video

Wow, excellent video, I was expecting someone's badly edited home movie attempt but that was excellent, he should sell his services to TIT !

I wonder just what level of film maker Justin Heaney is out of interest as that certainly seemed way more than someone playing with iMovie on their Mac perhaps, everything from the way the original footage was taken ( with shots the average tourist wouldn't even think about bothering about taking) right through to the final edit and sound track etc, all went together to make a really edgy and enjoyable movie and it just makes you realise what some of us myself included are missing by not getting out of Silom and Pattaya more often !   

Funny how 2 people can see something so differently. I agree it is well done and I have seen just about

everything in there . However I found it overall depressing and certainly nothing to be used to attract

visitors to Thailand.

If I had never been here that video would certainly not have gotten me to visit.

Thanks Michael for sharing this great work of art by Justin Heaney.

I truly enjoyed it as it brought me right back to LOS as I am already missing it.

I copied the below from a quick Google search as I wanted to know other than Bangkok - where were the other places that were shown in the video.

As Nirish already stated - I also need to venture out more on my next trip to LOS.

Last thing - this type of video brings a NEW standard to preparing "Trip Reports".  Mine were hard enough - I could not immagine also trying to prepare a professional type of video like Heaney's in one of my Trip Reports.

================== return results shown below from a quick Google search ============================

THAILAND - "In the Garden of the Dragon" - SHORT

4895448_75.jpg

Justin Heaney Plus

1 week ago

Filmed in and around Bangkok, Pai, Mae Hong Son and the Thailand / Myanmar border region in late July 2013. This edit is an attempt at re-creating the visceral nature of my experience there.

vimeo.com/84844989

Justin