williewillie

A-Bomb Boys Bar on Pattayaland Soi 2

On 5/7/2019 at 10:20 AM, williewillie said:

The manager of Toy Boys is named Pat as well.  He was the source of my

updates..  maybe colmx meant Toy Boys and not A-bomb?

The manager at A-Bomb is indeed Pat as posted earlier.

22 hours ago, williewillie said:

There were seven gogo boys fully dressed in jeans and an A-Bomb tee shirt.  Drinks were 280b. each.

Ligthing, sound, a/c all okay.  Sexy boy show nightly at 11:50 pm.

So this bar went from boys in underwear to fully dressed boys, and drinks from 220 baht to drinks for 280 baht... Exactly the kind of changes I dont want to support so I will probably stay away from there.

But how sexy was the "sexy show"? Any nudity?

Very

On 6/8/2019 at 11:48 AM, hanan said:

So this bar went from boys in underwear to fully dressed boys, and drinks from 220 baht to drinks for 280 baht... Exactly the kind of changes I dont want to support so I will probably stay away from there.

But how sexy was the "sexy show"? Any nudity?

Very sad news same as BBB , What's the point going to a bar and see fully dressed boys God knows...

27 minutes ago, Boy69 said:

Very

Very sad news same as BBB , What's the point going to a bar and see fully dressed boys God knows...

Recently Big boys bar in the neighbour soi also tried that concept, dressed boys and extremely overpriced drinks, and they stayed open less than three weeks before closing down. They however threw in a lot of ladyboy lipsync in their shows too...

But I think some thai bar owners just don't realize that the reason why BBB is succesful is not because their boys and drinks are expensive and the boys are fully dressed, but because BBB have the contacts and cooperation with the large chinese bus tour group companies. It's not like those chinese decide themselves where to go - they follow the flag.

5 hours ago, hanan said:

Recently Big boys bar in the neighbour soi also tried that concept, dressed boys and extremely overpriced drinks, and they stayed open less than three weeks before closing down. They however threw in a lot of ladyboy lipsync in their shows too...

But I think some thai bar owners just don't realize that the reason why BBB is succesful is not because their boys and drinks are expensive and the boys are fully dressed, but because BBB have the contacts and cooperation with the large chinese bus tour group companies. It's not like those chinese decide themselves where to go - they follow the flag.

I understood the owners of BBB now are Chinese so they probably have no difficulty to bring large chinese bus tour group companies to their bar. If they have large groups on regular basis why should the boys bother they can be fully dressed and don't have to make any efforts for the customers...

Once BBB was the best bar in Thailand for me, Now there's no point to visit there anymore.

Because Williewillies nice report I visited the bar for the first time after the renovation. A huge improvement and the bar now looks great! About 12 gogo-boys, 4-5 in A-bomb shirts and the rest shirtless. Better rotation on stage now. In the old bar it was awfully slow. They are still as before, extremely over-staffed with waiters, doormen, papasans or whatever, in comparison to the amount of customers.

Show started 23:50 and ended 00:28. A lot of nude boys. Thankfully no ladyboys singing or showing off their big dresses, there is enough of that in every other bar.

After the show some of the boys went out and were obviously not available and only participated in the show. The others, up on stage for rotation.

Sure the boys here are bigger than the average Pattaya barboy, but none of them really exceptional in my humble opinion so I did not find anyone I think was worth buying a 300 baht boydrink for. Off fee I was told is now 500 baht. In the old bar the boy would expect 1500 tip for short time. I don't know if that is still the case.

Too expensive for my taste. I can find what I'm looking for cheaper. But will probably visit a few times a year to see the show and to see what's on offer.

They have started in genuine Soi Twilight-spirit to announce shows that never happens, so a warning to you guys. We were two customers waiting for the announced show at 23:30 but they didn't bother since they tought we were too few customers. 

So if you visit this bar for the show, look inside first and if there are not 6-7 (?) customers there already, don't trust the signs proclaiming "Show 23:30" or what the doormens are saying. Walk away if you think paying 280 baht for a small drink is too expensive for a no-show bar.

12 hours ago, hanan said:

They have started in genuine Soi Twilight-spirit to announce shows that never happens, so a warning to you guys. We were two customers waiting for the announced show at 23:30 but they didn't bother since they tought we were too few customers. 

So if you visit this bar for the show, look inside first and if there are not 6-7 (?) customers there already, don't trust the signs proclaiming "Show 23:30" or what the doormens are saying. Walk away if you think paying 280 baht for a small drink is too expensive for a no-show bar.

hanan, did A-Bomb start the 11:30 show late?  All the show boys would have been there already and many customers 

come in the bar after the show starts.  I was only customer last night at Dream Boys for 10:20 show.  It started a little

late and several customers came in during the show.  Three Chinese men came in during the finale.

3 hours ago, williewillie said:

hanan, did A-Bomb start the 11:30 show late? 

No. I waited until 23:42 when I started asking questions why the show didn't start and got the reply that there wouldn't be any show due to lack of customers.

What you describe has always been the normal procedure in Pattaya boybars when low on customers - delay the show a little bit then start and let the staff try hard to pull in more customers during the show. But A-Bomb don't bother.

Btw this bar has always been extremely overstaffed with people supposed to service (?) the customers. There's always like 7-8 people outside dressed in A-bomb shirts that looks like doormen that I guess are supposed to get customers to come inside. Yet I can't recall one single occasion in all years in Pattaya when they have opened the door for me. They always have a confused expression on their faces when I approach like "Why is this falang getting closer and closer to our door?". Then first when I take hold of the door nob and open the door for myself they wake up and "Welcome welcome!". If I was the boss of that bar I would save thousands of baht every month by cutting down on the number of staff.