Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
It is Friday evening at 6pm here, and on Sunday morning I make my way to Pattaya for the Christmas season, if any of you good folks are around and would like to meet for a Drink over the Festive season let me know. I have a Thai phone but I will be damned if I can remember the number! Will try and log on from Jomtien on Monday! Have a merry christmas one and all and a peaceful New Year!
-
Many of the best restaurants in Pattaya are doing both Christmas and New Year's Eve specials. Most cost around 1200 baht, on up. You can't go wrong at the Amor, Casa Pascal, or the Symphony Brasserie. Monty's Enchanted Hut is doing a Christmas dinner for 990 baht per person. Le Caf
-
Yes, that is right. Have you ever seen such a thing in Thailand? I am sure some bar in Pattaya must have these races. I was with some friends the other night. Yes, they were straight. They are also all male. It was a get away from reality kind of bar. One of the things the bar is famous for is Turtle Racing. It was the most bizzare thing I have ever seen. I had a horrible time and did not enjoy any of it. However, I thought to myself, surely someone in Pattaya has done this.
-
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
TOPMAN will be holding the annual "MISS TOPMAN CONTEST" tonight, Friday 15th December. Everyone welcome and the proceedings will start at 10.30 but be sure to go early for a seat. Bookings for seats can be made with Peow on 0815912821 TOPMAN THE OASIS OF SUNEE PLAZA - THE SAFE BAR TO BE.
-
The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ German, American Face Child Sex Charges (Bangkokpost.com from Agencies) A German and an American were arrested in Pattaya for sexually abusing children, police said Tuesday. Unemployed Andreas Hubinger, from the southwestern German city of Mannheim, was arrested at a bar in Pattaya last Thursday accused of sexually abusing seven Thai boys, all under the age of 18, police said. Four Thai bar staff were detained along with 53-year-old Hubinger and have been charged with procuring children for the German. "The German man has denied the allegation, saying he just went to the bar but didn't buy se…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.8k views
-
-
The following article does a good job of explaining "dynamic conversion" option in relation to international credit card charges: http://www.smartertravel.com/travel-advice...alue=2006-12-14
-
A TRUE THAI LIFETIME EXPERIENCE TO SEE AND BE PART OF, THE JAZZ ROYALE FESTIVAL TOUR Dont miss it it is STUNNING! 1500 baht each night Kenny G is amazing and the Dissy Gillespie BIG BAND has sounds you only ever hear once in a lifetime live. Tommorrow 14th and 15th in CM 16-17th in Phuket at Karon Bay. Pictures on my site now. http://www.boxertravels.net
-
TOURISM Thailand is 'best value for money' spot Thailand has been declared best destination for travellers in terms of value for money, according to the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT). Global brand consultancy FutureBrand said Thailand emerged as winner in the value-for-money category in its second survey of more than 1,500 respondents worldwide. People surveyed through electronic questionnaires and phone calls included international travellers aged 21-65, and travel experts. Last year, tourist arrivals in Thailand exceeded 11 million. Tourists on average stayed for eight days and spe…
-
At least 23 after-shocks hit Chiang Mai - The Nation A quake, with a magnitude of 5.1, hit Chiang Mai province shortly after midnight on Wednesday, damaging college buildings and sending residents fleeing from their homes. Rescue teams rushed to check a nearby dam and found no damage as earlier fear. The quake has centre in in Mae Rim district, just outside the city of Chiang Mai, about two minutes after midnight, the national meteorological centre said in a statement. The quake damaged at least five dormitory buildings at Maejo agriculture University, in Mae Rim, and sent panicked students and faculty into the streets. More than 2,000 students …
-
- 6 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
Everytime I''m at "soi Freemans" in BKK I wonder why Freemans closed...the owner finally got the remodeling done of the place (I think it was a 9 month project) ; it looked great, but then it closed. The show was always enjoyable but the music /sound system wasn't as good as the places at soi 2 (I always thought it was a no-brainer to get a new DJ there..) What are the plans there?
-
The renovations are nearly finished so we thought we might have a little party soon to celebrate . Details to follow.
-
Point 1. Every Thai guy that I have seen nude has had a foreskin. Point 2. HIV/Aids rates in Thailand remains high. Thailand Statistics from Avert, an international HIV and AIDS charity based in the UK: Estimated total population, July 2005 64,233,000 Estimated number of people living with HIV, end 2005 580,000 Adults (15+) 560,000 Women (15+) 220,000 Children (0-15) 16,000 Estimated adult HIV prevalence 1.4% Estimated number of AIDS deaths in 2005 21,000 The majority of Thailand
-
The following appears in the PATTAYA CITY NEWS: _____ Couple Arrested and Accused of Under-Age Prostitution Ring This story came to us just before we recorded our program today and comes from Pattaya Police Station. Police Lieutenant Colonel Sanai armed with court papers, arrested Khun Wira aged 45 and his wife Khun Sunan aged 35 in Soi Kow Noi on Wednesday Afternoon. The court paper detailed a complaint from a 12 year old boy who claimed that the pair was operating a child prostitution ring in the Pattaya Area. He claims that they would send young boys and girls to Foreigners who would engage in sexual activities in exchange for money. The pair were int…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
I have been hearing several stories lately about a series of raids taking place in Sunee Plaza, primarily directed at the bars that employ under-age boys. I have not been in Sunee Plaza lately, so I have no first-hand knowledge as to what's going on. I have not heard any stories about "farang" being arrested, but what I have heard is that several boys have been carted off, but many also get tipped off about the raids and quickly vamoose before the raids take place. If anyone has been in Sunee Plaza during these raids, please let us know what you have observed and experienced. How many of these raids have occurred?
-
- 3 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
Note from GB: The baht opened against the US Dollar today at 35.06 and closed at 35.18. That was the actual exchange rate. These articles usually bring up the impact the strength of the baht has on exports from Thailand, but I never see these articles bring up an impact on tourism. Today is right in the middle of the high season. I was at the beach yesterday. There were no more people than I normally see in the middle of low season. I understand it's been like that for some time now. I have not seen any statistics that show how much of an impact the strength of the baht has on tourism, but my guess is that it is at least having some impact. Less tourists are comi…
-
- 4 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
I haven't been able to access this site (from America) for about 24 hours now. Technical problem or? http://www.thaivisa.com/
-
- 7 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Border Clashes Draw Attention SUBIN KHEUNKAEW Chiang Rai - The Pha Muang task force in Chiang Rai is carefully monitoring the border situation for possible incursions and is preparing for a spillover following a mass mobilisation of Burmese troops to attack Shan State Army (SSA) forces. Task force commander Maj-Gen Wannatip Wongwai said Thai border forces have been put on alert for a possible clash between the two sides at the border demarcation line, just 800 metres away from Poona village in Chiang Rai's Mae Fah Luang district. There have been reports of clashes near Tachilek on the Burmese side over…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
This might be of interest. It may even worry or surprise you. I returned a couple of weeks back from a holiday in Egypt to find a message that the police wanted to speak to me. I returned their call and was given a time to go to the station but was given no information of their reasons for this meeting. Curious more than anything else I went along only to be grilled about two holidays I had taken in Thailand, the most recent being almost 2 years ago. Why was I there, who was I with, who did I meet, where did I go, what did I do.......?????? I was absolutely stunned on so many levels it left me almost speechless. What made it worse was that they answered some of thei…
-
Being away from my BF for a few weeks now it is often hard to deal with. I do send texts on a regular basis and I try to call once a week. I have not been able to call for the past few weeks because of travel, hotels, and a hectic work schedule but now I have settled down and have the ability to call. I gave him (or them) a call today to say hi. I can't tell you how great it feels to hear their voice. Also, the excitement they have when their Farang calls. Of course I had to speak to mama and papa who speaks no English so I try to communicate in my broken Thai. (Probably my biggest incentative to learn the language) Thailand truly is an amazing place and I am v…
-
- 40 replies
- 13.5k views
-
-
DIPLOMACY US-THAILAND TIES Bangkok Post Former president George Bush arrives on three-day official visit Former US president George H.W. Bush and his wife Barbara arrived yesterday on a three-day official visit to deliver the US message of goodwill for the 60th anniversary of His Majesty the King's accession to the throne. Mr Bush, who acts as a special envoy of his son and US leader George W. Bush, was welcomed by Minister to the Prime Minister's Office Thirapat Serirangsan at the military airport in Don Muang. Their Majesties the King and Queen will grant an audience today to Mr Bus…
-
- 6 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
In the thread below, "Thai slaves in USA," (see: http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1034 ) the story is about 48 migrant Thai workers who were held as virtual slaves in the USA by a human trafficking ring. That story is certainly a sad one, but it does bring up a question: How did they get into the USA in the first place? It is extremely difficult, and most often impossible, for so many Thai people to get a visa to enter the USA, so how did these workers manage to get in? Unless I'm missing something, nothing is included in the article to suggest they entered the USA illegally, so each of the workers who were duped must have had a visa to …
-
- 4 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
While in the process of booking a reservation through Hotel2Thailand.com I saw a notice that I would be assessed an additional fee for using a credit card. I believe it was 3.75% for a VISA or Mastercard and over 5% for AMEX. I had never encountered this before and, of course, refused to proceed with the reservation process. I believe that I will stick with Asiarooms where I have always received good service and value.
-
Sorry if this is the wrong forum but can someone help. I have found a boy I like in Patong Beach and I would like to send hime some money for Christmas ... how can I do this and how do I make sure it is him that picks it up. Thanks in adavnce Shychas Charlie
-
BREAKING NEWS - BANGKOK POST Thai slaves get $1 mln, US green card aid Los Angeles (Agencies) A steel firm which allegedly forced 48 Thai welders to become slaves will pay one million dollars compensation, US authorities said - about 36 million baht. Under the terms of the settlement, Trans Bay Steel Inc has ageed to pay compensation for the workers. It will also provide further work on the San Francisco Bay Bridge project, housing, tuition and sponsorship for a green card to continue work and stay in the United States. The US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) said in a statement it had reached a settlement with Trans Bay S…
-
WEEKLY REPORT ON THAILANDFOR THE WEEK OF DECEMBER 10, 2006 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Various celebrations around town reported on by Boxer; two one-year anniversaries; Boyz Boyz Boyz has 18th birthday, and one year celebrations for Krazy Dragon and for Googie's Restaurant Amor Restaurant, BoyzTown, Details Special Dinners for Christmas and Happy New Years dinners Stuart of The Balcony Pub, Silom Soi 4, Assures: Silom Soi 4 Businesses Thriving @ Richard's Pub, Silom 2/1, Features Around the World Dinner for Friday, December 16 Quiz Night for Thais4Li…