Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
http://www.pattayagayfestival.com/eventreports.htm Khun Boxer will be posting his extensive coverage of the PGF Finale'. http://www.pattayagayfestival.com/pgf06/street06/index.htm [attachmentid=129] Madam Jim overcome with modesty at Dr. Philipe's thanks for all he has done. [attachmentid=130] Madam Jim, almost speechless for a nanosecond upon receiving a donation of 350,000 baht from 85 year old Brit. Archie Dunlop [attachmentid=131] Madam Jim lookalike? Who can this be?
-
WEEKLY REPORT ON THAILAND FOR THE WEEK OF DECEMBER 3, 2006 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Pattaya Gay Festival Wrap up: ** PGF Dinner at Bruno's nets "about 300,000 baht", exact amount to be confirmed Street Party in BoyzTown ** Street Party on Saturday, December 2, fills the street with celebrants; 900,000 baht donated to PGF ** Mr. Pattaya Gay Festival contest comes up with true winners Boyz Boyz Boyz invites everyone to join in celebrating 18 years in BoyzTown this Wednesday, December 6 Liam's Gallery hosts exhibition of works of Contem…
-
Walking back from Sunee Plaza two days ago, I noticed a new business opening. A small group of people were eating and drinking at a gathering I took as a grand-opening. The next walk-by, I noticed several customers in the new barbershop. From the street I was attracted to the new, slick, modern look. Tonight, I decided to patronize the new establishment and have a trim. I believe I experienced the best 60 baht haircut I have had in Thailand! The place was clean, well-lighted, and attractive. Someone spent some time and money designing this place. On entering the establishment, I was warmly greeted and made welcome by the two males and one female. I was direc…
-
For those younger ones that like to "jive and thrust" to club dance tunes, there is MAYA located off Walking Street (the soi across from Climax bar) in a hallway on the second floor- (look for sign). I think it is the only gay dance place in Pattaya. The tunes are club mixes- great sound system...it doesn't get going until after 2am.
-
Like many I popped in for an aperitif before on the the main event the Mr. PGF competition held for the first time at Boyz Boyz Boyz. It's a nice comfy bar with some good sighlines and superb selection of athletic boys. Some of the star boys from the old premises are still there and new stars seem to have been recruited. I was very shocked to see Mr Mon there who used work in Tawan bar and was heavily featured on Thaibody.com recently. Seemingly the airconditioning business in Chiang Mai is not doing well this cold season. http://www.thaibody.com/athletes/view.html?pid=7 Mr Mon kindly agreed to support the PGF Charities by entering the Mr PGF Competition at t…
-
For the first time in many years, the exchange rate between the baht to the US dollar has fallen to under 36 baht per dollar. At the moment I'm writing this, the exchange rate is 35.98 baht to the US dollar. The other major currencies are as follows at this time (8:50 AM in Thailand): Euro: 47.355 British pound: 70.105 Australian dollar: 27.9875 Canadian dollar: 31.595
-
- 6 replies
- 3k views
-
-
This post from jinks on Sawatdee to celebrate the 1 year anniversay of the "NEW" Sawatdee Forum (although the ghastly & thoroughly ungentlemanly place has actually been around for years): http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum...p?p=96256#96256 I'm sure the Owners & Mods here would wish to congratulate their distinguished (if scurrilous) antecedants. One of the replies on this thread is an encapsulated mini history of Message-Boards-Regarding-Gay-Life-in-Thailand which some folks may fiind interesting. And some won't ... Cheers ...
-
PHUKET, Dec 1(TNA) Almost two years after a tsunami hit the southern coastal provinces of Thailand killing more than 5,400 people, including thousands of Thais and tourists from many nations worldwide, Thai and US officials Friday sent off a ship carrying a 'DART' tsunami warning device designed to protect millions of people from such a natural disaster. Some 220,000 people in a dosen countries were killed by the tidal waves caused by a 9.3 magnitude earthquake off the Indonesian island of Sumatra on Dec. 26, 2004. DART
-
I have been told that the new Wild West Boys is now open. The new location is larger than the one before and should hold the number of people who go to what their show. When in Pattaya, the old Wild West was a lot of fun. We wish the owners great luck in their new location. Stop by and see the new bar filled with sexy boys!
-
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
BANGKOK, Dec 1 (TNA) Thailand's disease control department revealed on World AIDS Day Friday that the number of young people with AIDS in Bangkok is the highest in the country. To mark the occasion, Bangkok recorded the highest number -- 92 young people newly-infected with HIV, according to Dr Thawat Suntrajarn, director-general of the Disease Control Department. According to the report of the Epidemiology Bureau, the number of AIDS patients aged between 15-24 years old has been rising recently with the highest rate reported among university students. The other 10 provinces which have recorded high numbers of young AIDS patients are Chiang Rai, Chiang…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
[attachmentid=127] Finalists photos on www.boxertravels.net with more to follow.
-
Click the link below to read the review: http://www.pattayamail.com/current/bmm.shtml
-
- 0 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
I think we all know that a large percentage of the boys/men who work in the bars have a primary sexual attraction to women but are "gay for pay" I was talking with friends and we decided that, in order to work in the trade, boys/men have to like sex with their male clients. Or at least they have to think that sex with men is OK. Several friends have long term relationships with guys who have wives and kids and are (mostly) straight but f*** like minks and like, with gusto and enthusiasm, to get f****d. So is this paradise? Has Thailand moved beyond labels? Is gay OK? Or do those labels still exist in Thai society? In a future, more enlight…
-
- 3 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
Yes I can tell you its official or will be by monday, LUXOR is SOLD to BRUNO and Friend of Helmet, for a reputed 4.5 million, I for one will Miss Helmut who must be in the league of Tony from THE WHITE NIGHT BUFFET one of the nicest and most genuine Gay Business Owner in Pattaya, also in the league of GARY FROM VIP CORNER BAR Sunee Plaza, before {Sport Bar} and JIMM JIMMY From Jimm Jimmy Bar Sunee Plaza also. even though there are others these are the ones that come to mind in that area. also do not forget the other good investment and genuine owner and you could not find a nicer owner LA CAGE PUB David the owner is looking for a partner or total sale, what a nice guy he …
-
Bangkok Post breaking news reports that gays, transsexuals and transvestites reporting for military service will no longer be deemed to be mentally ill. Instead they will be classified as 'suffering from sexual identity problems' http://www.bangkokpost.net/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=114603
-
Many of you are familiar with my article about how to obtain the Thai driving license. After an experience earlier this week, I need to write a revision to the article. If you want the short version, here it is: Make sure you have a valid International Driving Permit when you apply for the Thai driving license. Here's the longer version (it may be different in other provinces, but this is what he went through in Pattaya): I have a friend who wanted to obtain a license for driving a car and also a license for driving a motorcycle. He needed two separate originals of all the documents. Copies were not acceptable. That meant two residence certificates, t…
-
- 7 replies
- 5k views
-
-
Thaivisa Forum Admin ------------------------------------- Thailand Forum Statistics: ------------------------------------- Registered Users: 37433 Total Posts: 1003051 Busiest Time: 2867 users were online on 2006-09-20 10:37:50 I find the place too busy and can never search up anything interesting that I did find. They do have a good news service. It is interesting that the breeders have such a huge site. Are we 10%?
-
From the Magazine Time Asia In Death's Shadow A TIME investigation sheds light on the growing strength and radicalism of the new breed of Islamic militants fighting in southern Thailand By ANDREW MARSHALL | PATTANI * Exclusive: Inside the Thai Insurgency * Analysis: A State of Denial in Thailand's South Sunday, Nov. 26, 2006 There's something striking about Ma-ae, but it takes a while to work out what it is. It's not his looks: he's a lanky teenager who, like most Thai youths, wears blue jeans and a T shirt. Nor is it his religion: he's Muslim, like almost everybody else in Thailand's three southernmost provinces. What's striking about him is this: i…
-
For some posters, we have told them very politely to be nice and not stir up trouble. Most heed the call. Some do not. When we have a problem with someone making posts that are inappropriate we put them on Moderated Status. What this means is that a moderator must approve their post before it goes live. We do this to ensure the continued success of the board. Today, we have placed over 5 people on Moderated Status. We still want you to post but we will need to approve those posts before they are live. For members who have been active for a while on the board, we have limited this Moderated Status to 10 days to see how things go. When we have a new member that sta…
-
- 21 replies
- 7.1k views
-
-
Thailand's mobile phones goes 10-digit numbers tomorrow BANGKOK (thaivisa.com): Tomorrow December 1, 2006, Thailand's mobile operators will change all Thai mobile numbers from 9-digits to 10-digits numbers. 9-digit numbers will not work after midnight, the mobile operators AIS and DTAC told thaivisa.com today. If you still have 9-digits numbers in your phone book, you will be unable to call these stored numbers. All you have to do is to edit your own phone book to include the extra "8" digit for Thai mobile phones. If your old number was, for example: 01-5432109 your new number is now 081-5432109. You might want to add an "8" in your phone setti…
-
Beaten by a short head by Wowpow but I had many more to work on... http://www.pattayagayfestival.com/pgf06/mrpgf/index.htm Amount raised 144000 baht Donations made last night Door Sales 230 @ 100 23,000 Cash Donation Neil Bernard 20,000 Dresses Donation Jim 6,000 Flower Sales 70,000 Jim Donation 10,000 Drink Donation Boyz Boyz Boyz 15,000 Total 144,000 Baht
-
I had a little tour of the new airport today. I can honestly say it was simply beautiful. They did a great job with the aesthetics of the place. If you have not see the photos that Boxer took, you need to go to his site and see. It is really a much needed improvement and a shining star in Asia. I do wonder if the other star will be built? (No, I'm not talking about a shrine to LMTU's black book) You know the 90something story star? Any news on that?
-
Hey guys I have been trying to ring Jimmy at the pinnacle to book accomodation Feb 10th to Feb15th. I have a number 01-859-6585, it comes up not listed. I am calling from Australia, 0011 is the code out 66 is for thailand. Anyone know exactly how I can ring him from here? Or should I ring the pinnacle direct to book Michael. Gaybutton thank you for the email
-
I saw an ad in the Bangkok Post for a promotion from true for their entertainment package. They give you a router with 4 ports. DSL connection, TV programs over the LAN and you can still use the home phone. Reading the add, it appeared to me that all this was for 495 baht a month for 12 months. Does any board memebr in Pattaya use this service?
-
Amsterdam was once one of my favorite stops for guys. The scene there was once amazing. Amsterdam has seen brighter days. Thailand has seen darker days. I like both places. I enjoy different things about each place. The money boy scene in Amsterdam has changed so much over the years. It used to be filled with boy bars and houses. They are really dead now and the only place to find the boys are the Internet. There are several escort agencies that I have used in the past with success and most of the time I have been happy with them. The best way to meet there is gaydar.co.uk, escupido.com, gayromeo.com and other sites which have profiles. I have also found gu…