The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Here are just a few of the reasons I love Brazil. There are soooo many more! Oz
-
- 11 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
How long till Cuba becomes a Cruise ship port?
-
- 5 replies
- 2k views
-
-
I thought they were so cute growing up and watched all those shows. Stand by Me is one of my favorite movies ever. Goonies was also amazing. I was young and so were they. Now, they are all grown up and have a new Reality show. I watched the first few episodes and found it quite the bore. Too bad Corey Haim did not age well. He was so cute pre drug days.
-
- 5 replies
- 2k views
-
-
I am in Brazil and late last night my throat started hurting. I was fine until I got home late. It was just miserable and when I woke up I could barely speak. I had the hotel get a doctor to come and see me. She was here in 20 min with her bag of goodies. The cost of her service just for an incall was 350 Real. 3 years ago that would have been OK but wow. The dollar sucks and spending 175 US on a visit to is high IMHO. But, it was delivered right to my door. She gave me some cough syrup and told me to relax today. So, I am taking it easy. No boys, no visits, nothing. I would not want anyone else to get sick especially. However, I am sure it was the boy from ye…
-
My Iphone has been used a few times in Brazil. The quality of the sound is excellent. The e-mail and data work great and no issues at all. The cost to roam is 1.99 a minute if you have their World Connect Plan. Data is billed at 2 cents a kilobit or 20 a Meg. You can get SMS messages free but it cost 50 cents to send them out. I hope these prices change and I'll be able to use them more in different places especially the data. They have a plan that covers several countries for a set fee but it is not available yet in Brazil or Thailand. The cost is high but most of the time when you use a phone overseas it is. Skype is still my preferred method of communicating wh…
-
Priapus, the God of the phallus and male sexuality, weighs his prodigious member. This is from a painted wall at the House of the Vettii, in Pompeii. (The culture of Pompeii was abruptly ended in 79 A.D. by an eruption of mount Vesuvius.) He must have been very popular. I wonder if he ever escorted. He would have been a top, surely, and may have charged by the pound.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
It is not over by a long shot but these tiny victories seem to get more and more. Let's hope the Iowa Supreme Court upholds the decision. I know it is unlikely but it is possible. Oz (CNN) -- An Iowa district court ruled Thursday that same-sex couples can marry based on the state constitution's guarantee of equal treatment, court documents show. The ruling was in response to a December 2005 lawsuit brought by six same-sex couples seeking to wed. They were denied marriage licenses and claimed such treatment violates equal-protection and due-process clauses in the Iowa constitution. The court also struck down a state law declaring valid marriages are only between a ma…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
This is for those who wonder what advocates of family values do when they're not advocating for family values. http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/08...of-lewd-conduct
-
by The Associated Press Posted: August 31, 2007 - 5:00 pm ET (Washington) A new HIV-fighting drug from Merck & Co. appears superior to options for patients who have stopped responding to available drugs, federal regulators said Friday. The Food and Drug Administration said Merck's studies of Isentress show the drug is safe and effective to treat HIV patients who have developed a resistance to other medications. Roughly 1 million people in the U.S. are HIV positive, according to the Centers for Disease Control. FDA has cleared 30 different HIV treatments since 1987, and they are typically prescribed in combination to suppress the virus, which cripples the immune s…
-
- 0 replies
- 895 views
-
-
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, NC MAN IMPLICATED IN DOUBLE MURDER- SUICIDE RUTHERFORD COUNTY, NC MAN IMPLICATED IN DOUBLE MURDER- SUICIDE Former head of the Georgia Republican Party, Ralph Gonzalez (39), David Abrami (36) and Robert Drake(30), were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide in Orlando, FL last week. Officials say the three had been dead for several days before their bodies were discovered. Police discovered the crime scene acting on a phone call from North Carolina expressing concern over one of the three men. The call reportedly came from an unidentified female friend of Abrami. The Associated Press reports that Robert Drake, of Rutherford County, NC was the gunman…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) Two men sealed the state's first legal same-sex marriage with a kiss Friday morning, less than 24 hours after a judge threw out Iowa's ban on gay marriage and about two hours before he put the ruling on hold. It was a narrow window of opportunity. Thursday afternoon, Polk County Judge Robert Hanson temporarily cleared the way for same-sex couples across the state to apply for marriage licenses in Polk County. He ruled that Iowa's 1998 Defense of Marriage Act, which allowed marriage only between a man and a woman, violated the constitutional rights of due process and equal protection of six gay couples who had sued. County at…
-
- 0 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
Just wanted to let those of you who never read down the forums to know that I am posting my experiences (no matter how boring) in the Latin America forum. Comments, criticisms, and all other posting appreciated.
-
- 1 reply
- 1k views
-
-
Craig Says 'I Am Not Gay,' Did No Wrong By TODD DVORAK, Associated Press Writer A defiant Sen. Larry Craig denied any wrongdoing Tuesday despite his guilty plea this summer in a men's room police sting, emphatically adding, "I am not gay. I never have been gay." Craig, a third-term senator from Idaho, proclaimed his innocence as well as his sexuality less than an hour after Senate leaders from his own Republican Party called for an ethics committee review of his case. "This is a serious matter," they said in Washington in a written statement that offered neither support nor criticism of the conservative senator. Issued in the names of Sen. Mitch McCon…
-
- 0 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
What is the url for Trilingual's website? I have tried to find it but no success. I did go to gaytravelbrazil.com and the forums were there but no postings. Is that the same site? What happened to all the posts?
-
- 2 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
Stopped by the local Apple Store on Friday for my first good look at the iPhone. They must have plenty available, since there were eight on the counter for people to play with. I picked one up, hit a button at random, and saw a very cute twink’s face smiling back at me. I guess some kids had been taking pictures of themselves while they were in the store earlier, and I’d stumbled onto the photo button. Like other Apple products, the iPhone is very intuitive. I slid my finger across the screen, and the next picture popped up. Same kid, but this time his lips were all pouty, and he was looking seductively into the camera. Hoping for another picture like that, I s…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
My favorite bar in West Hollywood is in flames. http://partywithbrandon.blogspot.com/2007/...kys-is-hot.html This is making me so sad
-
- 7 replies
- 2k views
-
-
Unnnnbelievable! How would you like to live there? Have a look: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770
-
- 0 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
Last night I saw the new move Resurecting the Champ. It is about a sports writer who rescues a homeless man who just happens to be a boxing fighter who most thought had been dead for 20 years. The movie was very well done and both Samuel Jackson and Josh Hartnett are great in their perspective roles. If you have a chance, take a night off and see this movie. It is worth your time and energy. Samuel L. Jackson, Josh Hartnett, Kathryn Morris, Alan Alda, Teri Hatcher
-
- 0 replies
- 873 views
-
-
I have been trying different kinds of sweetners. I seem to like Sweet and Low the best but there are many out there. What are the pros anc cons of them? Anyone out there done research on these things?
-
- 4 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
I'm doing some research on the "governance" of local Catholic parishes. Do many (most? some? any?) local Catholic parishes have some sort of "parish council" to whom the head priest has some accountability?
-
OK, another blatantly political thread. Sorry in advance. But should be interesting to watch unfold: Lane Hudson, the lefty blogger who outed Foley, has filed a complaint with the FCC alleging that Fred Thompson has violated the "testing the waters" provisions of federal election law. http://newsfortheleft.blogspot.com/2007/08...ainst-fred.html
-
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
I had family affairs to take care of for 2 weeks and was unable to work out or eat right. As some of you know, I have lost a lot of weight since Dec and I want to continue on the same track. Since I was helping family moved, my exercise was zero and my food habits were horrible as I helped them move over 1k miles and had to pack and unpack more boxes than I have ever seen in my life. I had put on a few pounds and since I hadn’t been to the gym in 2 weeks, I wanted a quick start to get back to track. I decided to book 2 weeks at Fitness Ridge in St. George, Utah. It is a resort spa that has a great fitness program and a 1200 calorie daily diet. The program is built…
-
(FROM THE BBC WEBSITE) A woman in Australia has been killed by her pet camel after the animal may have tried to have sex with her. The woman was found dead at the family's sheep and cattle ranch near the town of Mitchell in Queensland. The woman had been given the camel as a 60th birthday present earlier this year because of her love of exotic pets. The camel was just 10 months old but already weighed 152kg (336lbs) and had come close to suffocating the family's pet goat on a number of occasions. On Saturday, the woman apparently became the object of the male camel's desire. It knocked her to the ground, lay on top of her and displayed what t…
-
For a change of pace (and faces), I recommend viewing the Sawatdee board's posting with a first-hand report on the Mr. Gay Europe 2007 competition (along with numerous pics): http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum...tos-t12518.html
-
...based on the trailer and photos anyway. Check it out!! http://www.belamionline.com/clubpreview/entrance/index.php
-
- 5 replies
- 4.6k views
-