Guest wowpow

Gay Street Party Jomtien Complex

Jomtien Complex Carnival - 16 DEC

16th December from 7 PM at Jomtien Complex

A great evening at Jomtien Complex organised by Jomtien Gay Community will start at 7 PM on 16th December 2006.

Music and shows thoughout the evening, Mr Gay Jomtien Contest, Prize for Best Costume (so come dressed up), Limbo contest and Charity raffle with many great prizes (for the benefit of Take Care + HEART 2000). Food buffet provided by gay owned restaurants in Jomtien available from 7 PM included in entrance fee.

Entrance at 500 Baht per person includes 100 Baht to charities and free buffet.

Tickets available on the night or at most Jomtien Complex Gay businesses in advance.

Come and have some great fun and support the local charities.

SEE YOU THERE!

The Buffet will be provided by Poseidon, Queen's, Flamboyant & Curtains and will show off their cuisine with special dishes.

The entry for for Mr Jomtien Gay is free (last day of registration is Sat. 10 Dec at Duo House) and prizes are 5000, 3000 & 2000 for Ist, 2nd and 3rd respectively. Costumes and swimsuits provided by Vinegar.

The shows and music will be from the resident singers at Bondi, with shows from Over the Rainbow, Dolce Vita + Special guest boy dance troupe.

Funds from money raised witll go the the Take Care project which distributes safe sex packs and information to service workers for HIV & STI prevention, and to HEART 2000 which most of you know is run by Dr Philippe Seur and treats HIV & Aids patients in Pattaya.

jomtiengayguide on Sawatdee

Fun on previous occasions

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

It's all a bit of a new venture with 500 baht entrance for buffet dinner. Maybe they will have fewer people with a higher collection total?

I think you can reserve a front stalls table at Poseidon? Not sure.

I hear that they have 20+ entrants for the Mr Gay Jomtien title and Vinegar have already fitted them with scanties.

VERY TRICKY - NO STICKY!

After some very odd decisions to make items sticky such as free drinks party, I wonder why our moderators decline to help this worthwhile charity event organised by leading members of the Jomtien Gay community? Jomtienphobia? How could they refuse a request from someone as lovely as me??

Well I'll be doing my bit buying more flowers for the flowers of Thai manhood.

So bouncy bouncy!

VERY TRICKY - NO STICKY!

After some very odd decisions to make items sticky such as free drinks party, I wonder why our moderators decline to help this worthwhile charity event organised by leading members of the Jomtien Gay community? Jomtienphobia? How could they refuse a request from someone as lovely as me??

So bouncy bouncy!

One reason that I have not personally helped is because I don't know what you're talking about. I don't have the first clue what you mean by "sticky" or "bounce." Those are new posting terms to me. How about explaining what those terms mean and letting us know exactly what you would like us to do?

By the way, another term I sometimes encounter is "bump." I don't know what that one means either.

I sincerely apologize for my ignorance.

Guest ear wig

BOUNCE mean bring the post to the TOP

STICKY means stick it at the TOP OF THE PAGE

HAVE I got the Right person who use to own GAYBUTTON was it not a gay forum.

I know, dont tell me GB your not getting any cut from this venue, you know how any one wrting on these forums always gets a christmas Pressie if thats true NIDDIES NOOK must be over run with them. ;)

HAVE I got the Right person who use to own GAYBUTTON was it not a gay forum.

I know, dont tell me GB your not getting any cut from this venue, you know how any one wrting on these forums always gets a christmas Pressie if thats true NIDDIES NOOK must be over run with them. ;)

You have the right person. I wasn't familiar with those terms then and until now I wasn't familiar with the others. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what "bump' means.

Sorry, I do not get cuts, discounts, freebies, or anything else from any venues. I have neither asked for any nor have any been offered.

http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/jb.htm

many interesting words and phrases

"Back orifice

Sometimes abbreviated as BO, Back orifice is a Trojan horse program created by the hacker group 'Cult Dead Cow' that allows users complete access to the computer it has been installed onto. Therefore a malicious user could delete files, change files, copy files, edit system settings and information, essentially be capable of doing almost everything remotely without most users knowing.

Cut

1. A sophisticated art form involving work to remove an item from the current location to a temporary alternate location, generally called the clipboard, and then having the capability of pasting that item to another location. Only programs that allow text to be removed can be cut, other programs will only enable a user to copy. For example, you can cut text from any non-protected word processor file. However, you cannot cut text from a read-only word processor file.

GB

Abbreviated as Gb, a gigabit is a method of measuring data transmission. A gigabit is equal to 109 or 1,000,000,000 bits.

Dump

Sometimes referred to as barf or disaster dump, a dump is a list of data in the computer's memory that is displayed or saved when a computer crashes. This information enables developers to help track down the issue and hopefully resolve it.

Also see: Core dump, Dynamic dump, Programming definitions

Bugfairy

Slang used to describe an individual who brings or reports a bug or error to a developer.

Gender changer

Also known as a sex changer, a gender changer is an attachment used to change a gender into the opposite type of connector. For example, a gender changer may change a male connector into a female connector"

Google is great

Maybe I was bouncing when I should have been bumping?

IPB Image

A tiny preview of the many photgraphs being taken during the fun filled evening. Many congratulations to the organisers for their hard work in producing such a splendid evening. I had to steal away due to ill health but I could hear the festivities still being enjoyed from my distant apartment.

Mr Boxer was clicking away and no doubt, his splendid photos will available for all quite soon.

But very well worth waiting for. Get well soon.

I see that on this board they still have your old link to .com instead of .net. Maybe one of our lovely moderators will adjust the link - pretty please.

Here are my thoughts about the Jomtien Gay Street Party, which I enjoyed very much!

1. They were very organized. You could see there was a lot of work that went into the event.

2. Next time the budget for promotion might be a little better, however there was a good sized crowd there.

3. It was a good idea to keep the buffet going longer than planned. We got there a little late and were told the buffet was still being served and then an announcement was made that the buffet would stay open another hour. The food was plentiful and good variety

4. At the beginning of the event things moved along from singers to dancers to contestants, etc. Towards the end of the night they seemed to get off schedule and it started to slow down too much.

5. The acts were fantastic! I do not go to Jomtien very often, but have decided to go and see some of the shows. The shows seemed very fresh and had great energy.

6. It was nice to see so many of my friends there. They all seemed to have been enjoying themselves.

7. I think it is better to have it in mid December instead of at the same time as the PGF. This gives different groups of visitors to see one or the other festival...instaed of everything being the same week.

8. Next year I hope the MC's plan their jokes a little better. Mocking those that wear speedo and are over weight or wear hair pieces may not be funny to those that are going to the beach and pay the bills of the bars. One of the sponsors sells that swim wear. I did not like it when they started to try compare Boyztown to Jomtien...as Jomtien was better. I am so happy that there are 3 different main areas. They don't need to be hostile to one another but should compliment each other. Working together is always better in this type of town.

9. I wish that the lucky draw would decide to post the winning ticket numbers instaed of having to be present to win. I think more tickets would be sold as some wat to come for a few hours of fun and then leave. Since they went over schedule many people had left when the licky draw started. I gave my tickets to a few bof the waiters and wished them luck

I am looking forward to next year. I am sure it will continue to improve. I had a great time.

Guest ear wig

Pattaya Male you are just the person we have all been looking for, people think its easy to observe and write down all the goings on for any function its all right just saying this place is open and that place is closed but we can read that in any post In sure Gaypattian has a job for you as we all dearly Miss David in Pattaya reports so much. he was also slightly controversial as you have to be sometimes if you want to prick some peoples ears up and make them take notice so they say yes just as I thought but would never dare say.

Could you not go to there functions and give us the good the bad and the ugly and then as you have be daring enough to suggest some changes that would be forward and good for all concerned if i do this im shot down in flamers.

Im interested to see you thought it was poor PC to poke fun at some people but unfortunately this seems to be a Queens prerogative to turn innocent banter into horrendous insults i know it hurts me greatly when people do that?

Did you really think the standard of guyz on offer were as good as you would have liked or were a couple of winners a bit lady like its all a matter of taste I know.

I use to frequent when I lived in Ft Lauderdale a Gay Complex called Parliament House it was the first all gay Motel type Disco Piano bar theater and Cowboy Pub in the world and the swimming pool with all the cruising is something to be seen its still happening if i could i would love to open one in thailand it would be an instant hit if its not closed down, but they had a drag queen there Called Miss P if any one remembers her well she would go round the audience and pick on people a lot like they do me lol

Well it was a live act and quickly the place use to fill up so much so you could not get in so Im sorry to say it is in the make up of a lot of gay guys and its not max factor either.

I am waiting for the next function on the Gay Jomtien beach I just cant understand what happened to that and I am a big Rob of image cars fan he is such a genuine guy and I have had many a good with with him one that was so funny it should have been made into a french farce well he is French.

Looking forward to your next illumination Post to bring us all to the front seat of any Gay Function they may be interesting. soon. :ninja:

It was a terrific evening no doubt about it. The Jomtien showbars did themselves a big favour and I will certainly be visiting Over the Rainbow and Dolce Vita. I would love to patronise Vinegar but their size range is sensibly restricted.

The organisers do know about this. I have hear of some questioning of the Mr Gay Jomtien voting method. I think in efforts to speed things along they merged the Mr. Popular and Mr Gay Jomtien titles and gave 50% of the votes to the judges and 50% for the number of flowers purchased for an entrant.

Now these things are very subjective and I have seen what to me were very strange decisions regarding winners of these fun events.

Selling titles seems to be very fashionable in the UK at present even though it's illegal. There as here it is a rather unattractive concept.

I love it when they have a Mr Popular and it finishes up with a competiton to force the donations up by bidding against the guys determined that their boy win. This is a bit time consuming but fun and swells the donation coffers. Of course you must have a board onstage with the numbers of roses collected per boy. Earwig is expert at this.

IPB Image

Colourful Judges courtesy www.boxertravels.net

That leaves the judges free choice to select the most attractive boys. I would propose lots of categories and lots of prizes, Mr best hair, Mr best tattoos, Mr best bum, Mr best dancer, Mr tall and slender, Mr Muscleman, whatever - maybe some of the kinds donators of the huge number of raffle prizes would like to see their gift go to a handsome boy. I can see the sash for Wowpow's Mr Muscleman.

IPB Image

Lithe Limbo Dancers thrilled the audience - photo courtesy www.boxertravels.net

The big novelty this year was the buffet supper with the ticket and it seemed to work very well with plenty of food and service attendants. Drink service was superb and prices kept reasonable with beers at 100 baht.

Again many thanks go to Mr Rob on Image Limousines and Mr Lucas of Dicks Cafes plus their many helpers for making a memorable evening.