TotallyOz

Looking for a house in Gay Pattaya

I have spent the better part of 2 weeks looking for a house in Pattaya. It has been a truly pain in the ass experience. I found one place that the guy wanted to rent but when I offered him his asking price, he said he thought he wanted to sell instead of rent.

I then proceeded to look at other real estate agents in the area. What I found was that no one listens to you. I was very specific in what I wanted. I told them I wanted a 3 bedroom house with a large swimming pool that someone could swim laps in.

I met with 4 agents who set up times with landlords to show me different properties. Not one agent took me to see a property that I wanted. None met with the qualifications of what I told them I wanted.

Finally, I found one that was nice and exactly what I wanted. The price was way more than I wanted to spend but it was the perfect house. I made an offer. It was accepted and I went to sign the contract. The price then changed to include pool and garden fees, which I was told, was part of the rent when I looked at the place. I told them forget it. They came back and said, OK, we will take the offer. That was less than 2 days ago and I have not made my decision. I am not sure that taking the place will not lead to other problems. But......

I wish there was a way to find a place here without it being such a pain.

Guest hajuthai

Maybe the Estate companies have too much to do. I had the same experience last year when i did look for a house. Some agencies did not respond, other did show me one house, but did not follow up. I found at last what I was looking for. Used the agent Diamond estate, veryrelyable.

I have a filling that the same problem is for the travelagents here in Pattaya.

2 days ago I contacted 4 travelcompanies on email asking for a fligthprice to Europe. One did answer, have not heared from the other. :angry:

Thanks guys. I have found the house of my dreams. :) So to say.

It is all I had asked for and more. The real estate agent I used was great and made it a smooth process.

I don't have Internet at the house. So, I will have to wait till I get ToT to put in a phone line. It may be a painful process. :) So, others will monitor the boards for a while. I will swim, relax and enjoy. A much needed peaceful time after the house hunting process. :)

Guest GayPattayan

I don't think you should worry about waiting for a phone. Get a wireless modem and line from the local dealers who handle wireless. True, Hutch, and probably others. No longer expensive. (When Hutch first came to town, wanted 18,000 for starters; now a modem is a little over 5,000 baht and monthly fees for unlimited use about 1,000 baht. )

For those without easy phone access (and even for some who have phone service), wireless is worth considering.

G.P.

Thanks guys. I have found the house of my dreams. :) So to say.

It is all I had asked for and more. The real estate agent I used was great and made it a smooth process.

I don't have Internet at the house. So, I will have to wait till I get ToT to put in a phone line. It may be a painful process. :) So, others will monitor the boards for a while. I will swim, relax and enjoy. A much needed peaceful time after the house hunting process. :)