TotallyOz

Goodbye Texas and Hello Kentucky

From Texas to Kentucky

I have been a bit absent for the last 2 weeks and I apologize for this. I helped my family move from Texas to Kentucky. Between the packing, the movers, the driving and 2 kids and 4 dogs, it was a hell of a 2 weeks. LOL

We had many little issues along the way including hotel problems, driving issues, allergic reactions, all night driving, dropping furniture on my feet, and a few other scrapes and bruises.

While I did enjoy my time in Texas when I was there with family, I am now excited to spend some time in Kentucky. It is a beautiful state and while I won't be here long on this trip, I will be returning in the coming months and years.

Goodbye Texas. I enjoyed you while I was there but now my heart is in Kentucky! (actually, it is in Thailand but my family is now in Kentucky so part of my heart is there)

Guest EXPAT

And I'm in Indiana for a few weeks moving my father and his wife to a senior living condo. My only question is why I picked the most humid time of the year to do this?

So we'll be neighbors for awhile. We always make fun of Kentuckians although I never really knew why.

• Members

KY is littered with the remains of my ancestors, mostly Bourbon Co, going all the way back to 1705 when it was still part of Virginia. Some of them were land-wealthy having settled the area. My gr.gr.grandfather was a stone mason in Fulton -- not so wealthy. I suspect he may have been a black sheep.

• Members

I thought black sheep made all the money (even if some of it illegally). ^_^

I go to Kentucky a lot on business, mostly small towns in eastern KY but sometimes to such as Louisville. The terrain is pretty and I find the folks to be friendly. I used to think KY was just some place to overfly on the way from TN to elsewhere. Funny how your perspective and opinion changes when you spend some time somewhere, isn't it?

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

I thought black sheep made all the money (even if some of it illegally). :smile:

In this case he may have married an Indian, as in native american, although the could have had the indian heritage himself considering his early American heritage. Just know that he fell out of the clan and shows in Nashville 1850 census, later showing in Fulton. Also, one of his sons, my gr.grandfather was contacted by the Feds in the 1920s regarding availability of land on a OK Reservation if he wanted it.

Guest CharliePS

So you have upgraded your political representation from Ted Cruz and John Cornyn to Rand Paul and Mitch McConnell (ooops!--did I confuse this with the yahoo thread?)

• Members

Being born, raised, and still living in Kentucky, let me welcome you and your Family to their new home.

I have had the blessing of traveling many places in my life but Kentucky is still my home. It is a very pretty and generally friendly place to live.

• Members

Being born, raised, and still living in Kentucky, let me welcome you and your Family to their new home.

I have had the blessing of traveling many places in my life but Kentucky is still my home. It is a very pretty and generally friendly place to live.

Welcome back KYTOP. Good to hear from you. I agree that KY is a beautiful state.