MsAnn

The s-l-o-w walkout

• Members
She really has no competition . Unless things change she can phone it in.

Honestly!

I wish she and Bush would each just get a note from their respective PAC's saying that they're the nominees and spare us all the next year of aggravation.

Of course, the news media would have to find some other way to fill the bandwidth for the next fifteen months. Perhaps something like - oh, what the hell - news. reporter.gif

Hillary Clinton heads for small-town Iowa to put human touch on 2016 bid

Democratic frontrunner to arrive in the small Iowa town of Monticello on Tuesday to challenge her reputation as distant and inaccessible

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/apr/13/hillary-clinton-iowa-2016-presidential-bid

• Members

Seriously? She IS distant and inaccessible. Reminds me of the "Queen of Mean" who said, only little people pay taxes and there are two sets of laws, one for us and one for them.

Best regards,

RA1

Seriously? She IS distant and inaccessible.

Not entirely or always. Last time around I went to one of her campaign appearances in Hampton, NH just after she had taken a shellacking in the Iowa caucuses. As a result, she had dropped the long speechifying, and spent the whole appearance -- nearly three hours -- taking questions from the audience. It was astounding how different she was in person from the uptight ice queen she comes across as on TV. In the event she was human, warm, spontaneous, frank, sarcastic & funny where merited, etc.

We'll see if she can get any of that across this time.

• Members

Seriously? She IS distant and inaccessible. Reminds me of the "Queen of Mean" who said, only little people pay taxes and there are two sets of laws, one for us and one for them.

Best regards,

RA1

Now now RA1. She is hardly distant and unaccessable, This just in: having lunch with the little people.

• Members

Not entirely or always. Last time around I went to one of her campaign appearances in Hampton, NH just after she had taken a shellacking in the Iowa caucuses. As a result, she had dropped the long speechifying, and spent the whole appearance -- nearly three hours -- taking questions from the audience. It was astounding how different she was in person from the uptight ice queen she comes across as on TV. In the event she was human, warm, spontaneous, frank, sarcastic & funny where merited, etc.

We'll see if she can get any of that across this time.

Having a chicken burrito at Chiptle with us regular folks is about as warm and fuzzy as it gets. :yes:

• Members

Best regards,

RA1

But I'll agree RA! she not as nearly as personable as this guys speech was.... :rolleyes:

I just lost it when he started talking about his immigrant parents.

kleenex_box.jpg

• Members

When she has a long and in depth interview with a few in the media who are not looking to cover up or make apologies I will listen and evaluate my current position. Of course, ordering (not having) a burrito and talking to the "common folk" is 99.9% PR with little substance, if any.

Remember, I feel much the same way about all pols, not just hilarious.

Best regards,

RA1

And only 1-1/2 years to go with all this . I have been doing 30 days in Bangkok and 30 days in The U.S. I think I am going to start doing 60 days in Bangkok. They have a military dictatorship. The general in charge, makes long rambling speeches on tv each day. But there not in English. Just like our politicians , what they say today, they probably won't be saying the same thing in 1-1/2 years.

...My point is that you can tell a lot about a man by what he thinks about Hillary, maybe even everything. She's not just another presidential candidate, she's a sophisticated diagnostic instrument for calibrating male anxiety, which is running high. Understandably, given that the whole male-female, who-runs-the-world question is pretty much up for grabs...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/theslice/men-who-hate-hillary-clinton

• Members

I certainly agree that whoever will run the world is up for grabs. The current US foreign policy is a total disaster. Not sure we even have a foreign policy and a word worse than disaster did not readily come to mind.

So, one question is did Secretary of State HC actually do anything constructive or did she mindlessly follow the instructions of BO?

I realize this is similar to, when did you quit beating your BF? ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Some might find "mindlessly following the instructions of BO" to be constructive but that's not an option your question allows for, RA1. :logik:

Conventional wisdom has it that Clinton pushed for a more aggressive policy in Afganistan, Iraq, Syria (against both Assad and IS) and Russia/Ukraine.

That aside, the ability of the State Department to act as a policy center independent of the White House depends on the Sec. of State being a political heavyweight in his own right or having the trust & backing of the president. My understanding is that on secondary issues that tend to escape the notice of the White House like the status of women and human rights, she did useful work.

Sadly, I'm not sure how much her positions on the Mid East reflect her real views or were made with an eye to playing well in her 2nd campaign for the presidency. One never knows.

Well, actually, being she's a pol, one does know but wishes otherwise. :lol:

• Members
The current US foreign policy is a total disaster. Not sure we even have a foreign policy and a word worse than disaster did not readily come to mind.
Our country is in dire straits and I am worried.

Perhaps a bit more worried than the rest of the world. ohnoes.gif

Yesterday's Gallup poll, Rating World Leaders, gives the nod to the good ol' US of A, as it has for most years of Obama's presidency, with both Clinton and Kerry as Secretaries of State.

hjut_me9fe66ol0bcqjt1g.png

You'll have to go back to the last year of Bush's presidency to find us scraping bottom in the eyes of the rest of the world.

Perhaps you have better info that will show how poorly we're doing but, until you're willing to share it, I'll stick with my own modest optimism. :rolleyes:

ea07bff186333ae96b1f234f81139ad4_400x400

• Members

lookin-

I respect you and your opinions a lot. But, how world leaders view the US sometimes is in their own interests. Not ours.

Having Islam countries approve of our foreign policies is not a plus but a decided negative. Sorry to say.

Of course I would prefer the world be peaceful.

Best regards,

RA1