Lucky

Local Theater

• Members

Back when the Hooville Weekend was called just that, we would all go after Saturday's dinner to the Palm Canyon Theater, our local amateur theater, for a show. For example, on February 9th, 2009, the sixth annual Hooville Weekend, we saw Damn Yankees. When my day administering the weekend came to a close, the theater part was dropped.

So, last night everyone went their own way after dinner, but my hubbie and my longtime friend went to see a show at the Palm Canyon Theater. Guess what was playing? Damn Yankees!

The difference between this production and the 2009 show was night and day. We found ourselves flabbergasted at the quality of everything in the show- singing, dancing, acting, choreography. These people were good! On top of that, the guy playing young Joe Hardy was quite hot with a killer smile and a voice which was mesmerizing. Oh could he sing! There were a couple other hot ones on the team, so the underwear scene was fun.

It's a long show, but I could watch it again. Unfortunately, it closes today, and today is sold out. Good for them. It will soon be history, just like the Hooville Weekend in days past. It's the Palm Springs Weekend now. And it's bigger than ever.