t0oL1

Pattaya curfew

Since there is a curfew wondering about a friend that is currently not got a room. The last time I called him- 7 am there and I could see palm trees in the background of the video call. Wonder what happens if they catch him outside during curfew hours since he doesn't have a room. Fat chance he would receive assistance. (He says a room costs 500 baht/day)  But now it's 12 midnight there and he hasn't picked it up the money I sent.

2 hours ago, t0oL1 said:

Fat chance he would receive assistance. (He says a room costs 500 baht/day)  But now it's 12 midnight there and he hasn't picked it up the money I sent.

If he doesn't have a room and doesn't have any money, at least the police can't extract any tea money, so they have to let him go. 

I believe 500 baht a day would be way more than necessary for a bar boy to get a room.   Bear in mind that, for just 500 per night,  I stayed in a hotel in Bangkok with a pool, a gym, a massive LCD screen in the room and such a range of appeal that it even attracted one customer with a Ferrari in the car park back in February.    Room rates are depressed.

500=15,000 per month should rent an adequate apartment.    Bar boys in Pataya often share some modest room and I believe they would typically pay something more like 6000 baht each per month, although with variation according to taste & income.

Pop Inn on Thappraya Road is 350 or 400 baht/night. I walked past Paramita Hotel at Pratunmak 6 earlier today which is a two minute walk from Thappraya road and they have nice rooms for 2500/month for Thais reduced now from 5000 baht/month.

There are plenty of small hotels in Jomtien looking for customers and i am sure that he could find a decent room for 300 to 400 baht per night or even better a discounted monthly rate.

9 hours ago, z909 said:

I believe 500 baht a day would be way more than necessary for a bar boy to get a room.

It definitely is. Not sure about Pattaya but room rents in Bangkok have come down considerably in the last few months. A friend of mine recently moved to a large two-room condo in a nice area with a pool for 4,000 baht a month. He shares it with two other friends. He says modest rooms in Pattaya should presently be available for about 2,000 baht per month.