Guest Astrrro

Boys Who Don't Go Off

Guest Astrrro

Friend saw a real stunner in a Sunee Bar last night and only entered the bar for him. Bought a drink and thenfound the boy doesn't go off, a special friend of he owner. Oh well, good for getting customers to buy one drink. :rolleyes:

Think that some guys decide they're going to off someone in a given night and a wide range of boys are acceptable.

But others are quite a picky and the stunner that doesn't go off can be a real disapointment.

Friend saw a real stunner in a Sunee Bar last night and only entered the bar for him. Bought a drink and thenfound the boy doesn't go off, a special friend of he owner. Oh well, good for getting customers to buy one drink. :rolleyes:

It all depends on the offer. I have been in similar situations before. In the end, the person who is willing to make the best deal will go home with the guy.

There are several boys who have no interest in going off. Some freelance in bars and make their money by having a few drinks with customers and getting what tips they can for it.

Don't ask me to explain this. I don't think I could explain it in a million years and I fully expect snide remarks and jokes to follow this post, but I know one boy who works in a Sunee Plaza bar. He is very attractive. He's delighted to have drinks with you for tips, but he won't go off with anyone. But he likes me! He calls me quite often, gets together with me, and refuses to take any money whatsoever from me other than I foot the bill for what we do when we're together. The one time he ever asked me for anything beyond that was about six weeks ago when he wanted some clothes. He wanted to shop at Big-C. He bought a couple shirts and some underwear. The total bill was less than 500 baht. That's the only money he ever wanted from me.

I have absolutely no idea what the attraction about me could possibly be, but I'm glad it's there.

Guest thaiworthy

I have absolutely no idea what the attraction about me could possibly be, but I'm glad it's there.

Maybe he likes to fly gorillaair.com. There you go! Not a snide remark, but a reasonably good joke. (Thank you, KT). Now that we got that duty out of the way, I think I would be very upset if a boy did not want to go off with me after buying him a drink.

Let's face it, these boys are here for a reason. Are these boys wearing underwear with numbers and dancing on a stage? If yes, this is unforgivable, if not, certainly conceivable, but not condoned. I assume these boys are the latter, but if not, I would never, and I mean NEVER come back to that bar again. I don't need to come all the way to Thailand just to get rejected. And if they invite themselves over just to get their free drink from me, dancer or not, I certainly wouldn't tip him either.

I thought I'd heard everything, but in Thailand, there's always something new. I guess it's better than getting them back to the hotel and finding out then, and that's been posted here, too. What nerve! If that's the way they make their living, I could not understand why the bar owner would allow it. I would love to hear from a bar owner post his opinion on his prick-tease bar. Great PR. "We have a rug. Pay us to stand on it and we'll pull it out from under you!"

New meaning to TIT (this is a trap!)

Not only a trap, but CRAP. There are too many other bars. And too many other pretty Thai boys.

A maze-in' THAILAND.

a reasonably good joke.

Are these boys wearing underwear with numbers and dancing on a stage?

Ok, ya got me!

I should have clarified that the boy I'm talking about is a freelancer who works without salary at a beer bar, fully clothed. I don't know whether that makes a difference. I also don't know at what point he explains that he doesn't go off with people. However, he is not a go-go boy and he is not paid anything by the bar (although every one the bars get an off fee for any freelancers that leave the bar with a farang). On that basis I would say the choice is his, but I would be annoyed too if I had spent money on drinks at the bar, spent time with the boy, and gave him a tip only to find out at that point that he won't go off with me. On the other hand, if he is up front with customers, before they start spending money, then I would say he is being fair.

Meanwhile, in all of the bars there is nothing that forces a boy to go off with a farang, even in the go-go bars. If the boy doesn't want to go off with a customer, that's his choice and nobody forces him. It's rare for a boy to make that choice, but I've seen it happen with particularly gross customers and farang known to be very cheap when it comes to tips.

There are even occasions when a boy has no choice but to refuse an off. I don't see this happening very often anymore, but not too many years ago it was quite common for a farang to literally reserve a boy. He would let the bar know which boy he wants and what time he'll be there. That obligated the boy to wait for the farang to show up. If the farang failed to show up within about 20 minutes of the appointed time, now the boy was free to do what he wanted to do again.

That practice is rather rare now because there were too many instances in which a farang had reserved a boy, but didn't show up. Meanwhile the boy had customers who wanted to take him off, but had to refuse because he had been reserved. Nowadays the boys want the bird-in-the-hand, so the reservation system is pretty much a thing of the past. That was back in the days when most bars had plenty of customers every night and boys were taken off quite regularly. But now, because of a lack of customers, most boys consider themselves very fortunate if someone takes them off two or three times a month. Only a few years ago many boys could count on two or three times a week, or even more if they were popular.

Guest tdperhs

Since Astrrro mentioned he is a special friend of the owner, I may know him. If it is the boy I am thinking of, he does not discriminate; he goes off with nobody except his farang boyfriend when he is in Thailand. He is also a neighbor of mine.

Guest gay_grampa

Let's face it, these boys are here for a reason. Are these boys wearing underwear with numbers and dancing on a stage? If yes, this is unforgivable, if not, certainly conceivable, but not condoned. I assume these boys are the latter, but if not, I would never, and I mean NEVER come back to that bar again. I don't need to come all the way to Thailand just to get rejected. And if they invite themselves over just to get their free drink from me, dancer or not, I certainly wouldn't tip him either.

Are suggesting that any boy you call over and buy a drink for should then be forced to go off and have sex with you? That sort of thing would be closer to RAPE, in my opinion.

There are scores of reasons why a boy might find a customer too unattractive to have sex with and they should be allowed to say no if the customer is just too gross. Next time you are in a bar take a look round at the other customers ... how many of them would you have sex with? Then when you have just woken up and taken a shower ... take a look in a full length mirror and ask yourself if you would have sex with someone who looks like that?

The boys who go off with some of these less desirable customers are desperate and we all know it. Those who are not desperate and are just in it for the money should be allowed to have the option of saying NO.

Guest Soi10Tom

I remember one instance when a drunk, rude, jack ass customer told the Mamasan that he wanted a certain boy. The boy told the Mamasan, according to my BF's translation, "No, Hell no!" and left it to the Mamasan to explain the rejection to the drunk.

On another occasion a friend told me that he was intimidated by beer bars, because the boys can and do say "No" to customers that they don't care to go with. If you sit in almost any of the beer bars you will notice the boys talk to and approach only the customers that they want to talk with. It is common to see some customer in beer bars attracting most of the attention while others sit staring at the wall talking to themselves.

I shouldn't have to say this, but you see so many guys in the bars that are clueless, so I will state it here for those without good sense. If you want to have a good evening: dress well, be clean, use deoderant, brush your teeth, stay reasonably sober, be polite, and don't treat the boys like a piece of meat. These simple things will decrease your chance of being rejected with a big "No!" by 90%.

Soi10tom is absolutely right.

Looking at this another way, if one had limited career prospects, it would be much easier to accept earning a living parading on as stage in beachwear than it would be to go to bed with some middle aged farang, who may also be rude smelly & obese.

Guest Astrrro

Are these boys wearing underwear with numbers and dancing on a stage? If yes, this is unforgivable, if not, certainly conceivable, but not condoned. I assume these boys are the latter,

Yes, this was in a Sunee beer bar where all the boys are fully clothed. My friend was more surprised than upset. He wouldn't have bought a drink if he knew the boy was not offable but no big deal really. Mai phen rai.

I don't see any reason why gogo dancers shouldn't be able to say no to a punter. It's a simple matter of freedom of choice.

Also, I wouldn't like to see talented guys put off working in the business because they do not have the right to occasionally reject some porker with hygiene problems & no manners -for example (I'm not implying the gentleman mentioned above is in this category).

Guest Mark7711

There are too many reasons to list why a boy may not want to go off with a customer. In my bar it is the boy’s choice and if he wishes not to go with a particular customer that is his choice.

But before you jump in, think about it what’s best for you in that circumstance. You get an honest answer then and there, on the spot, or take a boy that you pay an off fee on, then he looks miserable and performs like a lump of wood laying in your bed, lifeless.

I think better the boy is honest with the customer at the time, rather than messing him around.

Mark

Guest luvthai

It's a matter of chemistry and The right time and the right place. I applaud the boys that set limits and refuse to go with farangs that are drunk smell or are obnoxious.

I think this is a good point EXCEPT when a boy tries to bait you to buy a drink or two sits with you for 20 minutes or so and asks for another drink. Then when the time comes to "off" him, he comes up with a reason to say no.

In my opinion, when that happens that is a bit of a scam. I agree that trying to force a boy to go off is senseless as Mark says.

Heck, difficult for me to see a problem there. The boy's just trying to make some money for himself and the bar (i.e., that's his job). If he gets you to buy him a drink, he's done it well. I wouldn't blame him. And, if he didn't want to go off with me, I wouldn't blame him either (hell, I wouldn't want to go off with me!).

I think this is a good point EXCEPT when a boy tries to bait you to buy a drink or two sits with you for 20 minutes or so and asks for another drink. Then when the time comes to "off" him, he comes up with a reason to say no.

Has that ever actually happened to you? I've never had that happen and I don't personally know anyone who was ever rejected, although I've had my share of boys who are all over you in the bar and then duds once you get them in the sack.

Has that ever actually happened to you?

There are several boys in Dream Boys that are there for the drinks and don't go off with customers. At 250 a drink and if they get several over the night, they have made a decent salary!

There are several boys in Dream Boys that are there for the drinks and don't go off with customers. At 250 a drink and if they get several over the night, they have made a decent salary!

Yes, but those are boys who don't go off with anybody at all. I'm talking about boys who do go off. I'm interested in knowing if anyone has ever been rejected by those boys.

Has that ever actually happened to you? I've never had that happen and I don't personally know anyone who was ever rejected, although I've had my share of boys who are all over you in the bar and then duds once you get them in the sack.

Yes it happened to me Saturday night at Wild West Boys. I was sitting there thinking about talking to a different person. The guy I finally talked to caught my eye and was pointing to himself and raising his eyebrows which I took as "take me". So I shook my head yes and he came over. Seemed happy enough to be there. During our talk, he mentioned that he worked at Dave's Man Bar after work as a dancer backing up the ladyboys. So after a while of chit chat, I asked him if he would go off short time. He raised his eye brows and smiled which I took to me yes, and he asked for another drink. So I bought him another drink and we continued talking and laughing. Finally I thought it was time to go and said "let's go". It was then he told me something was wrong with his body and he could not go. So I gave him a tip but it left a bitter taste in my mouth...maybe I should rephrase

Guest buckeroo2

Can you verify that the Dream Boys you are talking about is the one in BKK and not Pattaya. I already have cut way back on my entertainment budget with Cokes at 140-150 baht - if they start charging 250 baht, I will just vegetate at home and do all of my cuising on gayromeo.

Wow - I have gone from an "enthusiast" to a "connoisseur" on this board - I guess 200 posts must be the magic number - and the next level is?

Can you verify that the Dream Boys you are talking about is the one in BKK and not Pattaya. I already have cut way back on my entertainment budget with Cokes at 140-150 baht - if they start charging 250 baht, I will just vegetate at home and do all of my cuising on gayromeo.

Yes, sorry, Dreamboys in Bangkok is 250 - 270 per drink.