PattayaMale

Anyone go from Thailand to Cuba?

Just felt I needed to add a view of Rio from someone who can not afford the Inter Continental (in Bangkok or Rio). To give the impression that Rio and Pattaya are comparable is I think misleading on several levels.

I think you are right. But, I think a fairly good comparison is Rio and Bangkok. I stay in similar hotels in both places and spend about the same amount of money in each place. I actually did a cost analysis about a year ago and I spend less money in Brazil than I do when in Thailand. BUT, that has more to do with just helping many boys in Thailand with all their "issues" and problems. The Brazil boys have never asked. They will all try to get a drink from you, but I have never had to listen about their family and the water buffalo. :)

For most of us the cost in Rio would be considerably more than Pattaya. My experience has been that $100 is about average for a decent, safe hotel in Rio (a lot more during Carnival). Also, be aware that most hotels do charge a joiner fee, which can be substantial - so do check.

That is true depending on where you stay and what you want. Rio is dangerous and most are not willing to stay in small B and B's.

Most of my friends will stay at the Atlantico near one of the saunas.

http://www.tripadvis...de_Janeiro.html

They will also negotiate a rate with the hotel.

Each hotel has different policies about joiners fees. The Atlantico does not make you pay them. The Marriott in Pattaya has been known to make people pay as well as some of the other hotels. I think it is the same in many places.

The Intercontinental Hotel does have a joiners fee. They do not ask me as I am a regular. But, they have before. I then tell them, I am signed up for a two person room, please register my guest as my other occupant. They will do this with a frown as they will say, "that gives us the right to give him a key to your room." I say yes. When my friend leaves, I go down and say, I would like to remove my friend from my account.

Also, I don't take just anyone to the hotel. That is not smart in Rio or Brazil in general. Sex is at the saunas. I do have regulars that I have to my room but there are very few I would take there.

And guys in the saunas who will go with you for R50 ($25) are certainly available. But I think R60-70 ($30-35) might be more of an average -unless you are a regular or willing to let your first choice walk away - but there are many choices. But you must also add in $12.50 to get in to the sauna, and $10-$20 for the room(depending on whether the room has AC or not- and the rooms can be quiet warm) and this fee is charged each time you take someone to a room. If your budget is tight (there are some nights with reduced room rates). Plus there is the bar bill (drinks are not expensive) and it is customary to buy you friend a drink. So adding it all together, it is not difficult to run up a bill of $100 just for the sauna and that is on top of whatever you have given the guys.

I think this is very true. If you are including the price of the "short time" in there. You do have to pay to get into the saunas and for the room. Some nights have free room specials. They are packed on those nights. Drinks are very cheap in the saunas as is the food. The room is 10-20 depending on a suite or regular room and the sauna. What I do in high season is get a room when I get to the sauna and hold it for the evening. :) That gives me and my friends the room for the night. It costs about 10 USD an hour and if we stay for 5 hours that if 50 bucks. If we split this, we come away with 20 or so each. Same price as a short time room but ours for the night. The guys that clean the rooms will do it right after I leave and I always tip them.

I think the cost is very comparable to Babylon with the exceptions of the "boy" and room. The drink prices are much cheaper than Bangkok gogo bar prices.

I am very generous with the boys at the saunas with sodas and food platters. It makes them happy.

Also, you don't go with a boy into a room but much more than sex. It is not a passionate love affair. It is a "short time". Most of these guys are looking to get off, get money and move on to the next guy.

Jim, your observations are very accurate and appreciated. I think you hit the nail on the head. Have you been to the saunas outside Rio or Sao Paulo?

Like he said, it is a dangerous city if you are not smart. But, it is AMAZING! I almost flew there yesterday just thinking about it. :)

Guest taylorsquare

I would like to make a suggestion.

This topic is very interesting and will be lost down the track.

Couldnt we put it into the "other country" section.

I know it says "other asian countries" but the Gay world extends far and really like others on here,i find other Country reports interesting.

If not,couldnt we have a "country reports section.?