firecat69

My Stay in Pattaya

Spent 4 nights at Pattaya. Stayed at the new Dusit D2 on Pattaya 2 Road. I got a good off season rate even though it was November of 2590 baht ++ I checked the same room in January will be 6000 baht. Very stylistic ,unusual rooms. Mirrors on one wall glass enclosure for shower soyou can watch or there is a curtain if shy. No problem with guests. Much of the staff is gay and very helpful.

Breakfast buffet is excellent but mainly Western.

Met some boys from Gayromeo so not a lot of bar hopping. Krazy Dragon has been re-decorated and have a lot of cute boys who are fun and of course the prices are quite reasonable. #1 Boy in Day Night is big and had about 20 boys , 18 of which were certainly not attractive to my eye and no customers. Jimmy Jimmy James had 5 boys and no customers , pretty sad. Funny Boys had its usual stable of boys for everyone and mamasan Rose does a good job of keeping all happy. Not busy but a decent stream of customers. Last bar I stopped at was Euro Boys. I only stopped there because I met a boy on Gayromeo who worked there.

This is a very fun bar with boys who actually dance and seem to enjoy themselves. They are on the skinny side and even feminine for some but the energy was non stop. They are also on the young side but I offed 2 and their ID's were no problem at the Dusit and the boys told me everyone is of age but still check for yourself. The boys i offed were 22 and 20 but certainly could have passed for younger.

The beer bars in Sunee were quite busy but that did not translate to the GoGo Bars for some strange reason. Thats all I have got this trip.

Guest Soi10Tom

"The beer bars in Sunee were quite busy but that did not translate to the GoGo Bars for some strange reason."

Not strange at all.

The beer bars in Sunee are highly populated with expats and long time visitors. This is where they come to have a few drinks and conversation with friends. Generaly speaking the expats and long time visitors are not in Sunee looking for sex or to listen to the loud music in the gogo bars, but to enjoy an evening out with friends. For many expats these friends have come to replace the family that they left behind to live in Thailand. After a while all of the gogo bars and boys wear, to the point of bordom, on expats and long time visitors. The best entertainment is to watch the newbie tourist fall in love and buy gobs of gold for the boys who take it to the pawn shop the day after their new love leaves town....call it jaded if you like.

Boyz Town has either priced its self out of the expat market or the expats are tired of being stared at by staight tourist like monkeys in the zoo. It is also highly irritating to be the victim of Chinese tour guides with their little flags waving over head as they bring gaggles of giggling women down the soi to stare in the gogo bars.

Spent 4 nights at Pattaya. Stayed at the new Dusit D2 on Pattaya 2 Road. I got a good off season rate even though it was November of 2590 baht ++ I checked the same room in January will be 6000 baht. Very stylistic ,unusual rooms.

For 6000 baht a night in a low cost country, I would expect an exceptional hotel.

That's about

Guest fountainhall

Plus it is a smaller hotel and so has less problem raising prices in the high season. I have only walked past the hotel, but I imagine it is comparable to the D2 hotel in Chiang Mai which is hip and trendy, and has some of the best service around.

Thanks for the update Firecat. I am looking forward to trying this hotel in the future as it does look very cool.

Is Pattaya not picking up with customers for high season. I know low season was low. I hope they have more customers in the bar than my last visit.