TotallyOz

Has anyone tried the new Holiday Inn in Pattaya?

Guest fountainhall

Tripadvisor has a few reviews

i'm a great fan of Tripadviser and take comments into account before booking hotels. However, having had one not particularly enjoyable stay at one of the hotels to open in Pattaya earlier this year (not the Holiday Inn, I hasten to add), I have been keeping an eye on posts about it. Surprised that the hotel remains very high up the ratings, I decided to read and analyse every post. I found that the majority of those with 5-star recommendations were making their first post, had made no further posts, had no trip map and, in many cases, used english which seemed to me not the sort of english that would be used by a native of the poster's country.

Such an analysis is inevitably far from scientific and the result open to question. Subject to that proviso, however, it seems perfectly clear to me that someone has been prompting a dozen or so posts that are fake - presumably to keep the hotel near the top of the rankings. I have faxed the detail of my findings to Tripadviser.