reader

PM has vision to ‘Ignite Tourism Thailand’

I've seen many prime ministers come and go but none has put tourism at the center of his agenda as has Srettha Thavisin. Last week he disclosed his strategy to build on those plans with a number of approaches. Although most are not particularly new, one--an ASEAN pass program--earned my attention. Unfortunately, he doesn't really flush out how it would function or whether any other SE Asian countries are on boar with the idea. Nevertheless I give him high marks for trying.

==================

From Tourism Authority of Thailand

Prime Minister Srettha reiterated the government’s commitment to boosting Thailand as a tourism hub to drive the economy and bring prosperity to the country. “The goal is to establish Thailand as a leading destination for tourists from around the world.”

He stated that the government’s target of 3.5 trillion Baht in tourism revenue this year, with an aim to earn much more in the coming years, would be achieved through five strategies.  

Conceptualised at the “Ignite Thailand’s Tourism Workshop” held in Bangkok on 15 March 2024 with participation from public and private agencies, the strategies include elevating the tourist experience, promoting must-do activities, raising awareness of hidden-gem destinations, developing intra-regional travel linkage with neighbouring countries, and hosting more world-class events.

Continues at

https://www.tatnews.org/2024/04/pm-srettha-thavisin-outlines-vision-to-ignite-tourism-thailand/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=pm-srettha-thavisin-outlines-vision-to-ignite-tourism-thailand