kokopelli

Easy Peasy Teaser

Can any of your astute gentlemen identify this man pictured below?

Upon his death, 30,000 citizens of his nation lined the streets as his funeral cortege, stretching for 3 km, passed by.

Try to be discrete in your replies if you really know his identity.

post-9743-0-44261700-1365261434_thumb.jpg

Guest scottishguy

LMTU?

EDIT: Whoops - I went on to name him (but I've deleted it) - and you asked to be discreet - I'll PM you

:hi: 

LMTU? 

EDIT: Whoops - I went on to name him (but I've deleted it) - and you asked to be discreet - I'll PM you/quote]

Our resident Scot knew the answer! And of course so did Kuhn Khortose.

Oh, the man in question also had something in common with Maxmillian of Mexico.

Guest scottishguy

There is a bizarre connection - Idi Amin famously claimed to be the last King of Scotland and the man pictured - Kalakaua  - actually was the last King of Hawaii !!

Indeed SG, and Forest Whitaker played him in the film "The Last King of Scotland".

Now, if I may hijack Kokopelli's thread, here is another man in military uniform. Didn't die in San Francisco, but his ashes are buried there. I've sometimes wondered why Hollywood has never made (so far as I know) a biopic of this man - perhaps because you couldn't make his life story up.

post-10339-0-71192300-1365364406_thumb.jpg

Guest scottishguy

Now here's one - but no photo this time.

Which Scottish Royal Burgh - within which is a Royal Palace which once housed the Kings and Queens of Scots - has a plaque to commemorate a famous resident who is already known worldwide yet won't even be born until 2222?

Name the town and the famous resident.

Darn I know this too. The questions of this topic have gone from where I grew up to where I have lived for the last 22 years when I am not in Thailand. Seattle is very close to Redmond, Washington and the home of a famous Irish/Canadian and latter American actor and I know the plague and where it is in Scotland as it was a big news item. Some of his ashes were to go into space. Sadly they never made it, and the rest of his ashes are scattered in Puget Sound.