Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

US Passport Needs Upgrading

Featured Replies

Please help. :huh:

 

I initially was coming to Thailand for about 28 days and just discovered that the trip was extended to 33 days. I am leaving USA in 5 days and do not believe I have sufficient time to obtain a tourist Visa. I have a valid US passport, which will allow for 30 days visit. Is there anything I can do to extend my 30 days to 33 days while in Thailand?

 

I am afraid to just pay the

You don't have a problem. All you need to do is go to any immigration office in Thailand. Wait until a few days before your visa will expire. They are almost always willing to give you a ten day one-time extension. The fee is 1900 baht. Take your airline ticket with you when you go to the immigration office so they know you are only going to stay three days beyond your visa. That way they won't think you are just another "farang" trying to live in Thailand without a paid visa.

 

You shouldn't have any problems at all about easily getting an extension. Even if you do, you're right. You can simply pay the overstay fine, which I believe is 500 baht per day, when you leave the country. Yes, you can have problems if you are caught overstaying, but unless the police have a good reason to stop you and check your papers, which almost never happens, for three days you will probably be just fine.

GayButton you are the best. :D I am so relieved. I will do just that. Thank you so much for the advice.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.