Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Larry King Dead

Featured Replies

When Larry King was on CNN, I watched his show quite regularly. I admired the way he got some interesting and fascinating guests and gently probed them into revealing quite a lot about themselves.

The guest I found most illuminating was, of all people, Ross Perot. I had little interest in American politics until then and initially thought Perot a charlatan. But he then started taking graphs into the studio to illustrate the points he was making. Suddenly all the political talking of other politicians seemed silly. Why talk when one graph illustrates everything very succinctly? I have no idea how accurate those graphs were, but since then I have always wondered why politicians everywhere spend so much time spouting hot air when they could save so much time with easy to comprehend visual materials.

Perot's campaign as an independent steadily gained traction because of his no nonsense approach to the issues of the day. He was actually ahead in several polls when he temporarily withdrew from the race, leaving some supporters disenchanted. But he rejoined the fray and the chase was on again. He drew many voters away from the the incumbent Bush (who pushed his foreign policy credentials), while Clinton (whose campaign mantra was "it's the economy, stupid") swept to victory, winning 32 states and 370 electoral votes. 

Although he didn't win any states, Perot managed to garner 18.9% of voters.

Clinton's victory marked the first time in US electoral history that a candidate won without taking Florida until 2020.

If Ross had not left the race and reentered, I think he might have won.

As for Larry King, I met him several times when I lived in NYC. He was an avid Broadway show patron and went on many opening nights as did I. I sat near him many time and said hello a few.

I loved his show. I learned a lot and it was informative.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.