Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Receive free calls in 44 countries

Featured Replies

Hi all,

I found an interesting offer and I wonder if it could be interesting for those who travel a lot abroad.

Major characteristics of the offer I found :

- You receive free calls in the countries listed

- Calls you make are from € 0,50 to € 0,33 a minute

- No monthly fee

- You get a new simm card that you slide into your phone

- With that simm card, your phone has a new cell number

You will need a phone that accepts simm cards, and the phone has to be simm-lock free. T-mobile and AT&T provide phones that accept simm cards. Then you'll have to make the phone simm-lock free, but there are a number of companies who can do that for you for $50 or less (do a Google-search and you'll find them).

The calls you make may sound expensive, but the € 0,50 to € 0,33 a minute is for international calls. In additon, I would compare that to the rate that most hotels charge you when you make calls from your hotel-room, but also to the rate you have if you use your US phone abroad.

You can check http://technos.nl/international_sim_card.html for an overview of the countries and more information.

Thought you'd all like to know ...

Sincerely, Anton/Amstedam.

ps: I'll be travelling the US in June, July and August. For those who'd like to know more, check the "Business class" section. :P

Thanks for the link Anton. I appreciate it.

I have used Vonage for years. I do this as they don't pull my IP and base my outgoing or incoming calls on where I am located. This means I can travel anywhere and still get all my calls for my monthly fee. I have the world plan and it covers most places I travel. It is not free but I find it worth it.

I have used Skype in the past and enjoyed it. But, they have gotten much more expensive and they do look at your IP. I have unlimited US and Canada calls per month but if I am outside of the USA, they count that as long distance and charge me for each minute. This really sucks as I am out of the USA more than I am in USA.

I haven't really tried other plans but I still use both of the above but mostly Vonage. The Vonage adaptor is also 110-220 so it plugs in fine in most countries and I can set up a regular phone with it and it works perfectly. ^_^

Hi Oz,

You're right that Skype got clearly more expensive suddenly. :(

I used to be very enthousiastica about Skype, I also had their "call unlimited" plan, but they also introduced 4 cents for the start of each call unexpectedly. What annoyed me most is that they made that change very silently.

So I searched for alternatives and I found Gizmo. For those who haven't heard of Gizmo yet, if you compare prices for calling to landlines, then at first glance Gizmo seems to have the same rates as Skype.

However ... Skype charges me € 0.020 a minutes for calls to the US, while Gizmo charges me $ 0.019 to the US. Please note that the first amount is in euros, while the second is in dollars ...

And as I said, Skype also has a start-rate of 4 cents.

I noticed other things with Gizmo that I really liked:

- Voice mails can go to your jouw email box

- You can record calls with a mouse-click

- A free 775 area-code number

- Loudspeaker and microphone volume can easily be adjusted.

- Their quality is better than Skype's (very important)

LOL, this feels as if I'm making advertising for Gizmo, but my main drive is that I got upset with Skype. :-) (because they raised their prices so silently.)

Warmest to all, Anton/Amsterdam.

mobile : +31 6 4II7 3343

website : http://www.gayescortamsterdam.com/

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.