Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Airline Mergers, Alliances, etc

Featured Replies

I am top tier with Northwest but they are being taken over by Delta. On a recent trip to Brazil, I had an extra piece of luggage, they charged me 350 US as I checked in with Delta instead of Northwest. I was fuming. I dread the new rules and I know I will pay dearly in extra luggage and other fees.

I am also Gold with the Star Alliance and will consider them for my next trip to Brazil as they allow 3 free pieces and the 4 is 200.

With all these changes, anyone know what would be the best airline for upgrades, excess baggage to both Brazil and to Thailand? Any suggestions or preferences?

With all these changes, anyone know what would be the best airline for upgrades, excess baggage to both Brazil and to Thailand? Any suggestions or preferences?

I have stayed with American Airlines for the past 12 years. Between work and personal trips to Brazil and Europe I go over their 100,000 mile mark each year which gives you Executive Platinum status, with that you get Unlimited free upgrades on all domestic flights and 8 one way upgrades that can be used on International flights. I use those 8 for my 4 trips to Brazil. I have never not been upgraded yet on the Brazil trips and domestically I would guess that I get upgraded 90 - 95% of the time. The only problem with getting a upgraded is when you are trying to fly to Europe in the May - Sept timeframe, usually very difficult because all the tourists going than.

When you are flying on the Internatonal upgraded ticket you have use of their "Flagship" lounges with are a upgraded version of their Admirals club lounges. Their are either a separate club or a totally separate area of the Admirals club.

As far as baggage, I believe it's is two checked bags for free if you are ExPlat. I have never checked two on any trip so I am not sure of that.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.