Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

500,000 Free Air Asia Tickets

Featured Replies

Received an email from Air Asia, describing an offer to give away 500,000 free tickets.

 

http://www.airasia.com/site/en/home.jsp

Received an email from Air Asia, describing an offer to give away 500,000 free tickets.

 

http://www.airasia.com/site/en/home.jsp

 

I also received this mail. However on checking I could not find any "FREE TICKETS"

Have you had any luck with tis or is this a non event.

I was lucky enough to book two seperate flights. I had to put in several different dates to find the free seats. You have to pay the fuel surcharge and taxes and so the seats are not really free, but really a good deal.

I guess I was lucky too, as I was able to book four different flight legs, and had to pay 399 baht for one and the rest were "Free". A ticket from Bangkok to Chiang Mai was 642 baht...all taxes and fuel price charges. For about $125 US, I was able to get tickets for two from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and return, and Bangkok to Ubon Ratchathani with return to Bangkok for one. Pretty good value! Of course, I have to hope the airline is still around by then!!!!

As discussed on this board before, two things to remember about Air Asia's giveaway sales. Yes, it's great to get virtually free trips, but don't bank on the planes leaving at the departure times printed on your tickets.

 

First, the winter schedules have not yet been published and there is usually some difference in times between summer and winter. Secondly, as I discovered to my cost when I thought I was lucky in getting 8 'free' tickets in the big sale 16 months ago, Air Asia routinely merges flights when load factors are not great - especially in the middle of the day. So of my 3 Chiang Mai return tickets, not one flight left at the scheduled time and several were moved forwards or back by up as much as 3 hours. To cap it all, as I was checking in for the return sector of a 'free' ticket from Bangkok/KL/Bangkok, a delay of more than 4 hours was suddenly announced. I then had to spend more than US$400 on a full fare economy ticket on TG to get back in time for a connecting international flight in Bangkok!

 

So enjoy the trips, but allow plenty of time either side of the departure times for inevitable changes.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.