June 30, 200719 yr In 1994 I started my first Round the World trip and had a couple of books in the Tales of the City series. On the way to Thailand and during my stay not only was I entranced by Thailand but also by these delightful gay books set in San Francisco. http://www.cbc.ca/arts/books/maupin.html There was a television series with transsexual Anna Madrigal brilliantly played by the delicious Olympia Dukasis. The first series was brilliant and the second less so and then it got pulled by sponsors worries about gay themed stuff. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_the_City Now a New book. Will the magic still be there? http://www.armisteadmaupin.com/
July 1, 200719 yr I just ordered. I did it on www.asiabooks.com which has the book at a pricey 650 baht delivery free about 3 days. The previous Tales of the City Books are 395 baht. The site is like a very simple Amazon one. It is mostly user friendly. I joined and became a member which gives me 10% discount.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.