Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Info on Atlanta

Featured Replies

I have a friend, my age or a bit older, that is considering moving to Atlanta. He went to see a few condos this last week and he liked a few and he made an offer on one. As I'll be visiting him, I'd like to know how the gay scene is in Atlanta?

Also, for someone moving there, is it easy to get around? Public transportation?

He looked at a place right downtown and said there was a metro that goes straight to the airport. It has been years since I was in Atlanta for a long stay and hope others can share some insight!

I have a friend, my age or a bit older, that is considering moving to Atlanta. He went to see a few condos this last week and he liked a few and he made an offer on one. As I'll be visiting him, I'd like to know how the gay scene is in Atlanta?

Also, for someone moving there, is it easy to get around? Public transportation?

He looked at a place right downtown and said there was a metro that goes straight to the airport. It has been years since I was in Atlanta for a long stay and hope others can share some insight!

Atlanta is the gay mecca for southern Homos. The area from midtown up to Buckhead has the largest concentration of gay men and lesbians. In my experience the Atlanta gay scene is more mature than say New York or LA. The average guys that I have met there are mid 30s to early 50s. Though there are some young cuties around too.

There are great bars (spread all over town). There is a very mature and healthy arts scene. Two stripper bars that I am aware of. Some really great restaurants- many led by gay chefs.

In my opinion, Atlanta gays are inclined to be more reserved and less militant. Maybe its middle age. Maybe its their southern upbringing.

I spent almost a year there consulting and really liked it.

The two stripper bars are Swinging Richards and BJ Roosters. Swinging Richards has lots of pretty boys- I'm guessing a good number may be straight.

The dancers at BJs tend to be Latin though every now and again, you'll find a white kid who has been booted from the stage at Richards working there or just some nice college boy down on his luck. Some are seriously smoking. No one ever works there for very long.

BJs has little cublicles where you can go for a private. Lots of action if you're willing to tip well. But, no sex.

I found it pretty easy to get the numbers of the boys at BJs and set up privates afterwards. I never really tried it at Richards.

If it is Gay enough for Elton John your friend should find it a great place.

Actually we need some feedback from STJ he has lived there for quite a while.

I spent 6 months there and it was OK. Weather sucks, people are so so, traffic sucks ... arts and entertainment is pretty good. Plus two major sports teams, a solid university and a few nice gay bars.

In the end it was not for me but many like it and as you know they call it the new south but I don't see that. Dallas seems more of a new south city to me than Atlanta.

Avoid the summer which I suspect lasts about six months.

Actually, summer in Atlanta isn't too bad as it is fairly elevated. It tends to be 5-10 degrees cooler on average than other parts of the southeast.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.