December 30, 201015 yr I just found this. It is pretty amazing. Data seems to be endless on the Internet! Here's the link: http://news.google.com/newspapers
December 30, 201015 yr I just found this. It is pretty amazing. Data seems to be endless on the Internet! Here's the link: http://news.google.com/newspapers Very cool .. thanks for the heads up.
December 30, 201015 yr Active Members Great news! (Pun intended ) It is a good start. There are so many newspapers archived on microfilm. It would be fantastic, if a duanting effort, to see all of that put online. In the past I had occasion to search civil war era Tennessee newspapers. It gave me fascinating insight into the times and taught me some history I was unaware of that didn't make it into my school books. One could spend a lifetime wandering through those archives observing the perspectives of those times and places.
December 30, 201015 yr I used to give my college students an assignment to read the newspapers printed on the day they were born, for perspective on the world as it appeared then, in order to write a paper about how the world had changed in their short lifetimes. Most were fascinated to discover those archives.
December 31, 201015 yr Active Members I used to give my college students an assignment to read the newspapers printed on the day they were born, for perspective on the world as it appeared then, in order to write a paper about how the world had changed in their short lifetimes. Most were fascinated to discover those archives. what a great assignment. You sound like an very interesting prof to have. Not at all incompatible with my impression of you from your posts over the last decade.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.