Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The world's oldest man's secret to a long life

Featured Replies

Walter Breuning, world's oldest man died on last Thursday. He left something advice for us to think about.

— Embrace change, even when the change slaps you in the face. ("Every change is good.")

— Eat two meals a day ("That's all you need.")

— Work as long as you can ("That money's going to come in handy.")

— Help others ("The more you do for others, the better shape you're in.")

- Accept death

I can't eat only two meals a day though.. ^_^

What's the point in posting this if you don't tell us how old he was???

Oh sorry 114.

What's the point in posting this if you don't tell us how old he was???

  • Active Members

Work as long as you can will soon become the mantra for surviving in today's economy. If BO doesn't "get you", then the Congress will and if they don't, the world economy will.

When I was growing up, I heard many, many adults say they would never live to collect SS but they did and so is everyone else, so far, and, for whatever it is worth in today's economy. However, both parties and the administration are seeking to change SS. Who knows what it will be worth in the near term future? I don't and the Shadow ain't talkin'.

SS never was what it was purported to be and, still isn't. ^_^ It was never intended to be THE retirement program and it certainly was never intended to be the safety net for minors, survivors, injured folks, etc., etc. By never, I mean as originally intended.

I also remember insurance companies stating that for the same amount of money (as collected by SS) they could offer many more dollars and more benefits. Of course, they did not have the social agendum to "save the USA from itself" that Congress soon and thereafter adopted as its' mantra.

Best regards,

RA1

Walter Breuning, world's oldest man died on last Thursday. He left something advice for us to think about.

— Embrace change, even when the change slaps you in the face. ("Every change is good.")

— Eat two meals a day ("That's all you need.")

— Work as long as you can ("That money's going to come in handy.")

— Help others ("The more you do for others, the better shape you're in.")

- Accept death

I can't eat only two meals a day though.. ^_^

Sounds like good advice to me. And if I ate three meais a day, I'd explode!

Sounds like good advice to me. And if I ate three meais a day, I'd explode!

I think it's healthier to "graze" throughout the day than to sit down to rigid meal times. If you're not hungry, why eat?

I think it's healthier to "graze" throughout the day than to sit down to rigid meal times. If you're not hungry, why eat?

I don't even graze, though. My only rule for eating, more or less, is to eat when I'm hungry - just like you said. I don't like grazing; I like to wait and have a nice, good meal. Especially since I've gotten more into cooking. I find it relaxing - cooking, that is - and I like having a meal to sit down to. Grazing makes me feel like I'm back in college, when I'd pick on whatever was left in the fridge because I was feeling lazy.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.