Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

any new movies?

Featured Replies

Have you seen any new movies lately, or are there any you want to see?

I am looking forward to Paranormal Activity 3... I love GOOD scary movies. I will be seeing this sometime over the next few days...

How about Footloose? Has anyone seen the remake?

  • Active Members

Sorry, but I only read about movies if they are posted in the Movie Mondays thread! ^_^

But a friend saw Footloose and liked it okay.

I liked Footloose. But I liked the original one better.

I will have a new review next Wednesday. I didnt look into them this week as I was trying to piece myself back together.

gc

BITE ME,,, LUCKY.... :poke:

I definitely recommend the new limited-release movie "Weekend." Here's the trailer:

http://www.weekend-film.com/trailer/

  • Active Members

What I heard about Weekend is that it is good, but

the British accents are hard to understand, and

lying in bed, the actors tend to mumble

All of which means I wouldn't hear them very well.

Your thoughts?

I hope you feel better soon.

I will have a new review next Wednesday. I didnt look into them this week as I was trying to piece myself back together.

gc

What I heard about Weekend is that it is good, but

the British accents are hard to understand, and

lying in bed, the actors tend to mumble

All of which means I wouldn't hear them very well.

Your thoughts?

Yes, you're right, Lucky. Even if you have a great ear for foreign accents you may have trouble picking up some parts of the dialog. A number of friends said they had trouble, and one even suggested that it might have been deliberate on the part of the director—perhaps to make it seem as if the audience was eavesdropping and not really expected to be able to hear everything.

  • Active Members

Margin Call, with the newly out Zachary Quinto guy, is getting good buzz. Of course it won't come to Palm Springs for a month or two...

I saw Paranormal Activity 3 yesterday.. Went into with high hopes. Loved the first one. Really liked the second one..Had read decent to good reviews on #3.

As it got going, I was really enjoying the suspense and anticipation that kept building up..One gimmick it used that was particularly good was when they rigged up their camcorder on top of an oscillating fan base, so it would pan from dining room to living room. You were on edge, waiting to see what would show up as it panned from side to side..

Unfortunately, in my mind, the final 15 minutes or so went downhill. They tried to tie up all the loose ends and give you an explanation (while alos laying foundation for #4) But instead came across as a cheap steal from several other movies (Rosemary's Baby for example).

In summation, I liked the movie overall, just disliked the ending.

Margin Call, with the newly out Zachary Quinto guy, is getting good buzz. Of course it won't come to Palm Springs for a month or two...

If you have iTunes or an AppleTV, you can rent "Margin Call" now for $6.99 and stream it at home. I love it when they do that.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.