February 29, 201214 yr I'm a TV fan and I always have been. These were my favorite TV shows as a kid. What were your favorites?
February 29, 201214 yr Agree with many of yours. Mine, in approximate though not exact order of favorites... Star Trek Lost in Space Perry Mason The 21st Century Bewitched Medical Center (first jacked off to Chad Everett, if that was the actor's name) Flying Nun (give me a pass ) Ghost and Mrs. Muir (Turn of the Screw meets prime time) Courtship of Eddie's Father (had it equally for Bixby and for the kid. Whose being my age made it not pedophilia. Right?) The Time Tunnel (all praise to Irwin Allen) Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (and again!) The Red Skelton Show (got to sit up 30 minutes past my bedtime each Tuesday to see second half-hour of the show - whee) Do cartoons count? Bugs et al. Roadrunner Huckleberry Hound Pink Panther ... Clearly I watched altogether too much TV back then. Oh, and not to forget the Watergate hearings!
February 29, 201214 yr P.S. How could I have forgotten Gilligan's Island? And -- no lie -- H.R. Pufnstuf. Again, crush on the slightly fag Brit kid co-star. (Kept hoping for same reaction to successor show Lidsville, but it just never measured up. Despite best efforts of villain Charles Nelson Reilly and good genie played by quite weather-beaten old actress who had played Glinda the Good eons past.)
February 29, 201214 yr P.P.S. Johnny Quest! ...Sim, sim, salabim! (note how senility and attempted correction of same drives post counts)
February 29, 201214 yr Active Members What? No Leave It To Beaver? I was in love with Wally, and hoped that Eddie Haskell would pull my pants down! (It's okay, I was underage too.)
February 29, 201214 yr We like the same shows! Agree with many of yours. Mine, in approximate though not exact order of favorites... Star Trek Lost in Space Perry Mason The 21st Century Bewitched Medical Center (first jacked off to Chad Everett, if that was the actor's name) Flying Nun (give me a pass ) Ghost and Mrs. Muir (Turn of the Screw meets prime time) Courtship of Eddie's Father (had it equally for Bixby and for the kid. Whose being my age made it not pedophilia. Right?) The Time Tunnel (all praise to Irwin Allen) Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (and again!) The Red Skelton Show (got to sit up 30 minutes past my bedtime each Tuesday to see second half-hour of the show - whee) Do cartoons count? Bugs et al. Roadrunner Huckleberry Hound Pink Panther ... Clearly I watched altogether too much TV back then. Oh, and not to forget the Watergate hearings!
February 29, 201214 yr The Howdy Doody Show Kukla, Fran and Ollie The Milton Berle Show George Burns and Gracie Allen I Love Lucy Ozzie and Harriet (they had lived around the corner from us before they became famous) The Jackie Gleason Show The Lone Ranger Hopalong Cassidy Our Miss Brooks
February 29, 201214 yr Love this thread and the visuals. It brings back some great memories! For me, I was a big Dallas, Dynasty, Knots Landing, Falcon Crest kind of guy. I also got to stay up late on Saturday's (unbeknownst to my parents) to watch Kung Fu. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qketnkovu4s
February 29, 201214 yr Active Members Wonderful list, Charlie! Kukla, Fran and Ollie Was there ever a better kids' show! Adult fans included Orson Welles and Tallulah Bankhead. The Jackie Gleason Show Gleason's physical comedy was superb, as in this Rum Dum sketch. Our Miss Brooks My Friday night treat was an ice cream soda while staying up to watch her. No one was more pompous or did a slow burn like Osgood Conklin. I'd add Ernie Kovacs, here doing Percy Dovetonsils: . . . and Mr. Peepers, only to watch the incomparable Marion Lorne. At the time, I didn't know she was incomparable, only that she always made me laugh.
February 29, 201214 yr Dennis The Menace Lost In Space Courtship of Eddie's Father All In The Family The Jeffersons Soap Mary Tyler More Newhart -the first one Maude Kojak Alice
February 29, 201214 yr lookin, thanks for those superb mementos. I have my YouTube research cut out for me. For my part, how could I have forgotten the weirdest of them all -- Dark Shadows?! An annual fan convention is still going strong, more than 40 years after the show was cancelled... http://www.darkshadowsfestival.com ...and Johnny Depp (Barnabas of course) and Tim Burton are finally into production on a new DS movie that promises much...
February 29, 201214 yr Lucky, re Leave It to Beaver, regret it was just barely before my time -- went off the air when I was three. I got stuck with My Three Sons. Of that motley crew I would as soon have had a blow job from Uncle Charlie as any of the other neutered men/boys on the show. Providing he took his dentures out!
February 29, 201214 yr Active Members The thread has brought back some good memories though. I wonder why I could not put together my attraction for Wally, and yes, Robbie on My Three Sons, into the fact that I might be gay. Ricky Nelson too, damn he was hot.
February 29, 201214 yr Active Members I guess I was a sports nut even then. Who can forget Dizzy Dean saying, he slud into third base, or, the ball ka-roamed off the wall? I was not immune to the charms of many of the actors in the programs listed above and enjoyed most of them at one time or another. Good memories. Best regards, RA1
March 1, 201214 yr Let's see... Alfred Hitchcock Presents Batman Bewitched I Dream of Jeannie Johnny Quest Lost in Space (I actually ran away from home to try to meet Dr. Smith!) My Favorite Martian One Step Beyond Outer Limits Rocky and Bullwinkle The 21st Century The Flintstones The Jetsons The Man From U.N.C.L.E. The Name of the Game (mmm, Tony Franciosa!) The Time Tunnel The Twilight Zone The Wild Wild West (oh, that ass!) Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea I can still hear the theme songs for those shows in my head. I stopped watching TV regularly in 1973, with only an occasional show in the 70's (King Fu, Battlestar Gallactica), 80's (Star Trek: TNG), 90's (Cartoon Network), and 00's (Invader Zim!) Basically stopped all TV after that.
March 1, 201214 yr I had forgotten MAUDE in my original list. Bea Arthur cracked me up in anything she did. And Maude was very ground breaking for the time.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.