Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

On this week's "Hot in Cleveland"

Featured Replies

I love it when they cast old cast mates together in new sitcoms.

Georgia Engel guest stars on "Hot in Cleveland" this week opposite of Betty White. Many will remember both actresses playing roles on the Mary Tyler Moore Show back in the 70's.

post-105999-0-06821000-1332983342.jpg

and on Fran Dreschers show, Happily Divorced, they have Renee Taylor playing a neighbor. Renee was on the Nanny as Fran's over the top Jewish Mom.

happily-divorced-fran-renee-500.jpg

I wondered how long it would be before that stunt casting on "Happily Divorced". I actually think that show is very funny despite her annoying voice.

Not to hijack the thread.. but a trivia question from "the Nanny".. the actress who portrayed Yeda, the grandmother--what other "classic Nick at night" tv show was she once featured on?

240px-8926_184831487094_569537094_4372583_3994065_n.jpg

Dick Van Dyke Show as Millie Helper?

yes, Expat, you are correct. Yeda was Millie Helper

MV5BMTg4MTAyMjQ4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTQzNTQ2._V1._SX343_SY450_.jpg

Wow EXPAT you are good! Now how can you not love Fran... She is so adorable...

yes, Expat, you are correct. Yeda was Millie Helper

MV5BMTg4MTAyMjQ4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTQzNTQ2._V1._SX343_SY450_.jpg

I'm a big fan of Betty White and have tried so hard to like this show ... for me it just falls very flat. Its like you cook this amazing entree but its missing a spice so the dish tastes pretty dull. I just don't see things changing much at this point though.

This picture was on the Wiki last night when I was looking up Georgia Engel. This pic is from 1977.

post-105999-0-41667800-1333029615.jpg

I'm a big fan of Betty White and have tried so hard to like this show ... for me it just falls very flat. Its like you cook this amazing entree but its missing a spice so the dish tastes pretty dull. I just don't see things changing much at this point though.

I agree with you. I think the writing is very lacking. But that is the case with almost every comedy on the air today with the exception of "Big Bang Theory" and "Modern Family" who I think both have excellent writing teams. But everything else seems to be cheap amateur hour.

But I'll still watch Betty White no matter what she does and I like that ensemble cast as well. Sean Hayes need to find better writers for his show.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.