May 3, 201214 yr Active Members This week's episode, Choke, sucked. About the only good song was the overproduced and badly lip-synched "Not The Boy Nextdoor." Badly-acted moment with Rachel. Two bad hard rock songs by Puck. His body was rockin', but that was about it. Poor direction, bad writing. And the "Cell Block Tango" from Chicago was atrocious. Naya Rivera ain't no CZJ. Cryin' shame.
May 3, 201214 yr Author Active Members Oops. Forgot about the smarmy, preachy wife-beating and weepy, bad acting from Dot-Marie. Yech. Not much glee. More like GLUM.
May 3, 201214 yr They are definitely struggling this season. And the drop in ratings are certainly showing the beginning lack of interest in the show. But I'll still watch it unless it gets really ridiculous.
May 4, 201214 yr It's not realistic... I think it's time to wrap up the series with one last great episode.
May 4, 201214 yr Active Members Basically I watch for the music. Lets face it, its nOT realistic. Who walks around breaking into song and dance all the time ? But I think its a rather creative premise with good production numbers, and unlike My Cynic IHP, I still enjoy it.
May 4, 201214 yr Author Active Members Hey, I am not a cynic. Just think it has lost its sense of direction, i.e. jumped the shark, with lesser-quality scripts and especially this past week, substandard direction. According to IMDB, this past weeks's director, Michael Uppendahl, has very little experience. Just 4 episodes of Becker, 1 Weeds, ! American Horror Story(also by Ryan Murphy) and 6 Mad Men besides his first Glee. Not such a great start with Choke. Anyone else agree that he choked? Remember back some great episodes helmed by Eric Stoltz, who directed the proposal episode this year, Yes/No. YES, there was NO comparison. I've loved the show. Fun and the premise is a part of it. Same with movie musicals. Reality has nothing to do with it. If this week's episode had been the pilot, doubtful the show would have been greenlighted.
May 4, 201214 yr Whoopi is coming back for two more episodes. So how many thing Rachel Barry will get another chance?
May 5, 201214 yr Author Active Members Depends on what Ryan Murphy has planned for the graduating seniors... Big jump between NYC-based NYADA and Lima-based McKinley HS. I haven't a clue what he has in mind. Puck nad Brittany will both fail and stay around for another year. But for Finn, Rachel and Kurt? Chime in people.
May 6, 201214 yr Glee goes to the Prom this week and covers the boy band "One Direction". . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbtXmn3Himc
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.