Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Unable to log in from iPhone

Featured Replies

Since the upgrade, I haven't been able to log in to the forum from my iPhone 4S.

It does not appear to be a conflict with already being logged in on my laptop, as has happened a couple of times in the past. Has anyone else reported this issue?

I have had the same problem. It appears to log in and then you aren't logged in at all. I'm hoping it's just a transition issue. I also have an iPhone 4s.

  • Author

This is to report one change in site behavior. As of just now, when I tried again to log in from my iPhone 4S, the site no longer appears to accept the login (but then would not). Instead, after I keyed in my user name and password, then clicked to enter them, the site just froze and did not respond at all. If this is a sign that the programmers are working on this problem and partway to a solution, I'm grateful. Most of my interaction with the site as of the last year or so has been from my phone, so my participation is crimped by the new lack of iPhone 4S access. My best wishes for a speedy resolution.

The mobile version of the forum will not let you log in at all. But if you go to the full web version you can log in as usual. But the mobile version won't let you log in.

There is an app on the Apple App Store called IPS Buddy. I use it to log into many sites online. I think it is free and I use the info for boytoy.com/forums and log in and tested this.

I also tested with Safari and it worked for me.

Be sure you use the right URL for the forums and you log in from the main page and it should work.

If you are accessing a different way, please let me know exactly what you are using to view the site and I'll try to figure this out.

When you log in from the main page and then hit message forum, are you getting the mobile version of the forum? Or are you getting the full blown website version? It's the mobile version that doesn't work any longer.

Try it without any other app to log in. Just use the main log in.

  • Author

The mobile version of the forum will not let you log in at all. But if you go to the full web version you can log in as usual. But the mobile version won't let you log in.

Thank you! Going to the full version on iPhone 4S works.

  • 2 weeks later...

The mobile version is working this morning.

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.