Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Roku Anyone?

Featured Replies

Hey guys I have been looking at the Apple TV puck and the new Roku which is simply a USB stick. Putting size to the side does anyone have experience using Roku? If so would you please share your impressions.

I'm about a week away from buying it as I continue to scale back on overpriced cable fees.

living on a some what remote ranch in Texas, it was suggested to me by a favorite escort of mine that I use a roku to get content. have had one for two years and love it. also have apple tv, but roku has more available that's free

read their company message board for more info. it's a big help.

http://forums.roku.com/viewforum.php?f=28&sid=1ba815f41fcc391eba7fa8ae9ad85b10

Back in the old days, a poster was giving some good dvice on this topic. Can't remember his name now, but it should be in this thread:

http://www.boytoy.co...roku#entry47024

:lol: I'm actually referring to the new version the "stick." But thanks for the flashback ^_^

My RoKu box is the best thing I have bought in years....and only $79. I watch Netflix, listen to Pandora, and a lot more on it.

Even though I have two Apple TVs, I think I'm going to get an Apple Mac Mini to attach to my TV. The new ones have an HDMI video out and then I can turn my TV into a full computer and watch anything I like on my TV.

  • Active Members

I was poking around with the Sony TV I got from Costco last year, and found it already knows how to hook up to the internet. So, as far as I know, I can sign up for Netflix or Roku and stream it without a separate box. If you have a recent TV, it might be worth checking to see if it already has built-in WiFi.

Still haven't decided between Netflix and Roku, as I just don't watch enough TV to be lured in. Like some of you, I also dumped everything but Comcast Basic and the only thing I really miss is the Property Brothers. :rolleyes:

spot-property-brothers.jpg

I did not think about the Mac Mini as the "storage" system for the TV until now. Thanks. This is a great idea for me. I love to watch TV shows and movies and I travel a great deal and I hate tying up my system to download all the stuff I watch. But, dedicating one box to that makes sense and with the new HDMI output it makes it so easy. Why don't they have this for all computers?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.