January 5, 201313 yr In the great malware recovery, the reply-with-Quote function now works differently. The quoted poster's name is no longer displayed. And (using FireFox under Win 7) I no longer see the quoted matter held within exposed formatting commands while posting; instead it is only displayed as Indented text, to set it off from my new post text (not indented). The lack of visible formatting commands makes it easy to corrupt the quoted text by inadvertently backspacing into it, and likewise difficult to edit inside of it without corrupting it. On my iPhone 4S, conversely, the quoted matter shows up in the new post with all its formatting tags written out explicitly, rather than performing their formatting functions. Even if I don't touch or alter the quote block in any way.
January 5, 201313 yr In the great malware recovery, the reply-with-Quote function now works differently. The quoted poster's name is no longer displayed. And (using FireFox under Win 7) I no longer see the quoted matter held within exposed formatting commands while posting; instead it is only displayed as Indented text, to set it off from my new post text (not indented). The lack of visible formatting commands makes it easy to corrupt the quoted text by inadvertently backspacing into it, and likewise difficult to edit inside of it without corrupting it.On my iPhone 4S, conversely, the quoted matter shows up in the new post with all its formatting tags written out explicitly, rather than performing their formatting functions. Even if I don't touch or alter the quote block in any way. Seems to be working OK in IE - or maybe it's already been fixed?
January 5, 201313 yr Thanks. Yes, I know about this and have asked for support at Invision to help but it seems to be the newest version.
January 5, 201313 yr Author <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="TotallyOz" data-cid="72892" data-time="1357357610"><p> Thanks. Yes, I know about this and have asked for support at Invision to help but it seems to be the newest version.</p></blockquote> Thanks. I will sacrifice a goat to their good efforts.
January 5, 201313 yr I have seen a way around this and that is to click the top left light switch. It then allows you to see the code perfectly.
January 5, 201313 yr Author I have seen a way around this and that is to click the top left light switch. It then allows you to see the code perfectly. Thank you! It works on FF/Win7. That exposes the code, AND makes the name of the quoted poster show above the quoted text when you post your reply. As here. Now to test on iPhone 4S mobile version of site.
January 5, 201313 yr Author <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="AdamSmith" data-cid="72979" data-time="1357398277"><p> Thank you! It works on FF/Win7. That exposes the code, AND makes the name of the quoted poster show above the quoted text when you post your reply. As here. <br /> <br /> Now to test on iPhone 4S mobile version of site.</p></blockquote> This is a post from iPhone 4S using mobile version of the site. Looks like Quote function in mobile version is still buggy. Will switch to full version on phone when using Quote function.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.