February 4, 201313 yr I loved this documentary on Parthenon... "The Parthenon was completed in 432 B.C.E. As the ultimate expression of Athenian ideals, the temple is adorned with mythological battles of victory: justice over injustice, civilization defeating barbarity, order prevailing over chaos. And, perhaps for the first time on a Greek temple, the Athenians, mere mortals, depict themselves alongside the gods."
February 5, 201313 yr Have you watched it? I love PBS nova programs. They are interestingly made.. I'm pretty sure some scholars will be mad about some programs because it is a bit biased and doesn't tell many different points of view in some programs. It's challenging to tell a story in an hour program and they seem to deliver interesting points pretty well.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.