May 16, 201313 yr Evelyn Mills Moore Allegedly Beats Woman With The Bible Evelyn Mills Moore, 57, has been charged with two counts of assault. Police say she was a real Bible-thumper. Evelyn Mills Moore, of Kings Mountain, N.C., was arrested Saturday after allegedly beating another woman with the Bible, the Associated Press reported. The 57-year-old hit her victim "numerous times about her body with a closed fist" before smacking her on the arm with the Good Book, according to an arrest warrant obtained by the Gaston Gazette. It left the woman with abrasions on her face, arms and head, She then allegedly punched a man, causing him serious injury. Moore was charged with two counts of assault and one count of burglary and is being held on $105,000 bond, according to the Cleveland County Sheriff's Office. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/14/evelyn-mills-moore-bible-beats-woman_n_3272708.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news
May 16, 201313 yr Active Members That is not what I expected from a thread entitled Bible thumping but I have no problems with the content. There are many problems with "modern" religion but I offer the church of RA. We accept gays (and others). The only common denominator is believing in one deity. Not me, but God. I realize there are other philosophies. NP. Best regards, RA1
May 17, 201313 yr I think gay will be eventually accepted in many Christian denominations. Some already has opened their doors to gays. People want to believe that the world works in a certain way... I think that has to do with maintaining order and bringing some kind of stability and predicability to our society. The problem with religion is that it makes things too rigid and inflexible. I guess using too much concrete (religious ideas) to stabilizing a building (society) creates problems.
May 17, 201313 yr Active Members That's a whole lot of insight for one post, Hito. You never cease to surprise me.
May 17, 201313 yr Active Members I know those folks, at least some of them, having delivered a light GA twin to them at Notre Dame ( the US version). Amazing what priests can be up to. Yes, subtlety and equivocation are often the "watch words" in gaydom. Best regards, RA1
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.