Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Classic TV that lives vs. dies

Featured Replies

The lively thread on Best Written TV Series, especially ihpguy's post about Maude and M.A.S.H. being overrated, got me thinking on how some series we loved first time around just get better with age, while others dwindle.

Genre pairings (I mean 2 shows of same type) seem to make the contrast sharp. E.g., All in the Family holds me today, whereas like ihp notes Maude gets pretty shrill over not that much. Of course Bea Arthur saves anything she is in, but the show itself ... eh. But again to the point, Golden Girls to me remains a delight by comparison with Maude.

Anyone else noticed pairings, of any kind, of shows that on rerun live vs. die?

  • Active Members

LA Law vs. all the spinoffs?

Best regards,

RA1

  • Author

LA Law vs. all the spinoffs?

Yes!!

However... (That word is how trembling corporate subordinates in Japan, after having agreed to the nines, signal their boss that they are about to contradict him -- "Keredomo" ^_^ ) one must ask:

Even 'Boston Legal'?

I mean, any show that has whatsisname make out with Shatner...!

  • Active Members

At first I thought you were going for Kemo Sabe to include Jay Silverheels and Clayton Moore as you know who. They may have engaged in foreign culture but likely not Japanese. So, what lesson are we preparing to teach? I only watched a few minutes here and there of BL; were there any spin-offs?

I think some of the spin-offs that have Japanese exec.'s trembling are the ones involving Toyota, Lexus and others.

Best regards,

RA1

  • Active Members

Guilty as charged, your honor.

Best regards,

RA1

Actually I enjoyed both Roseanne and Married with Children the first time around ... but for whatever the reason even more so now ^_^ A sitcom that I used to like, Home Improvements, doesn't hold my attention anymore :(

I guess with age my tastes change or when I originally watched a show like Home Improvements I was watching a really bad show but didn't know so back then.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.