June 25, 201313 yr I know several of you have some legal knowledge and or are attorneys. I currently live in Texas but want to sue someone in small claims court who lives in another state. Is this possible? If so I want the case to be heard in Texas as this is where the event happened.
June 25, 201313 yr Active Members Have you googled 'Texas Small Claims Court Procedure'? That might be a good start.
June 25, 201313 yr Active Members Following TY's suggestion, among the results here is one particular link that may be of particular use to you: http://www.texasbar.com/Content/NavigationMenu/ForThePublic/FreeLegalInformation/OurLegalSystem/HowtoSueinSmallClaimsCourt.pdf Here is part of that which seems to apply to you situation: You must generally, file suit in the county where the party that is being sued (the defendant) resides, or where the services you are complaining about were performed. They go on further to say you can call the Justice of the Peace of the county to get details. Good luck. Legal Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer PS...If this relates to failure to provide services by an escort, that would be an interesting case to hear
June 25, 201313 yr FourAces, I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. I hope it gets resolved and you get what want out of it.
June 25, 201313 yr Active Members If you otherwise fit the parameters of small claims court very likely you can file it in the jurisdiction where it happened BUT having a judgment in hand is not the same as cash. You would still have to serve them where they live or catch them in your jurisdiction. Disclaimer: I am not an attorney but can be just as boring at a cocktail party. Best regards, RA1
June 25, 201313 yr Active Members If you otherwise fit the parameters of small claims court very likely you can file it in the jurisdiction where it happened BUT having a judgment in hand is not the same as cash. You would still have to serve them where they live or catch them in your jurisdiction. Disclaimer: I am not an attorney but can be just as boring at a cocktail party. Best regards, RA1 A few mint julips or Mississippi muds in you and I bet you are the life of the party, lamp shade and all.
June 26, 201313 yr Active Members I don't think I have even been to a party where an attorney or a pilot or anyone else actually used a lamp shade as a prop but likely I do not attend the right kind of parties. I did once have too many "Sex on the Beaches" at the urging of some friends. Best regards, RA1
June 26, 201313 yr Active Members LOL. I have never been a fan of drinks such as Virgin Mary's, etc. Not sure this one would be good even with alcohol in it. Quite a bit different from the real thing (tastewise). Best regards, RA1
June 26, 201313 yr You are correct. Believe it or not, I tasted a Safe Sex on the Beach one time. My reaction was as you might imagine.
June 26, 201313 yr Active Members Non-alcoholic cocktails are like a vibrator without the batteries... It fills you up, but lacks the buzz...!
June 26, 201313 yr Active Members I looked via Google for recipes for Sex on the Beach and found several. The one I used contained Chambord, Midori, vodka and pineapple juice. And, maybe OJ but now I don't remember for sure all the ingredients. I think I permanently destroyed some memory cells during that escapade. Best regards, RA1
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.