Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Music Of Our Youth/Prime(?)

Featured Replies

  • Active Members

The beach quiosque/kiosk across from my home is only open on weekends and almost only plays old-time dance music. From my twenties to late thirties. Stuff like the Donna Summer songbook through the Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine oeuvre. Today they threw stuff in like the BeeGee's Night Fever, Instant Replay by Dan Hartman and Shame by Ms. Evelyn. Every day there's a different mix to keep me swaying as I water the lawn and play with the kids.

I'm just wondering is there any muscic from the last five to ten years that will still be that memorable thirty years from now. Katy Perry, Amy Winehouse, Perry Como? The kinds of stuff that makes you want to "Put On Your Boogie Shoes" so "I Will Sruvive" because "That's The Way I Like It?"

Perry Como - last 5 to 10 years???

Isn't more associated with 20 to 30 years ago? I have not heard a song by him in ages.

  • Author
  • Active Members

Just trying for a bit of humor. Perhaps there is someone ancient around?

  • Active Members

Perhaps there is someone ancient around?

smiley4134.gif You rang?

Perry Como, mellifluous though he may be, is a mere parvenu compared with the enduring greats like Ted Fio Rito, Little Jack Little, and Basil Fomeen. To this day, nothing gets me into my 'boogie shoes' quicker than hearing the needle dropping onto the shellac of Diga Diga Doo !

old-guy-dancing.jpg

Perry who? :rolleyes:

  • Author
  • Active Members

Today they played "More Than A Woman" from Saturday Night Fever and followed that with "YMCA" by the Village People. Quite a difference in subject matter. And of course, right at sunset I was able to enjoy Miss Donna Summer wailing away to "Last Dance." It put a smile on my face. I can remember right now the first time that I was dancing to that song in a disco. The extended version. Wild and crazy times back then.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.