Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A new word I learned today

Featured Replies

From NCBored: "anonymized."

Coincidentally, I read an article this weekend about NC Blue Cross Blue Shield providing large sets of real data to contract software vendors for development & testing purposes without scrambling or "masking" it. But 'anonymize' was the term we used at work, and I doubt that I would choose the word outside a technical context.

I don't think there are many other contexts in which one could perform the action. Even here, we have masked our true identities rather than anonymized ourselves.

  • Active Members

In this day and time I can certainly understand a word like anonymize, although it does not exactly roll off the tongue, does it? However, it made me think about anonymous and identity, words we use frequently but not necessarily with complete accuracy, although likely with general comprehension of the intent.

On this board only my real name is "hidden". My posting identity and general attitude about things is WYSIWYG. I think several to many would think the same about themselves. I try to not make claims in which I do not believe or otherwise "cloud" any issue. I may be wrong but I do try to make clear if something is my opinion or if I think it is verifiable fact.

Thanks for this thread and these posts.

Best regards,

RA1

I don't think there are many other contexts in which one could perform the action. Even here, we have masked our true identities rather than anonymized ourselves.

Pseudonymized? (just kidding)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.